Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Fansproject Menasor, Assaulter and more

These guys are a bit overpriced for sure, but I doubt we'll ever get a better Classics Menasor. I'm a big fan of the updated alt-modes too, nice and exotic and not out of place with some of the other more outlandish alt modes in the classics universe. Hopefully Motormaster knocks it out of the park, a little hesitant to pre-order sight unseen, but went and did it through BBTS anyway...guess I can always cancel if Motormaster pics show up and he's a complete PoS.

Now I just have to wait and see if these guys will all turn up within the 180 days for the pile of loot system, which for me runs out 24/07. They're supposed to be all out and done by the end of May, but we all know how this 3P stuff goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Hopefully Motormaster knocks it out of the park, a little hesitant to pre-order sight unseen, but went and did it through BBTS anyway...guess I can always cancel if Motormaster pics show up and he's a complete PoS.
    Pre-ordered as well, with the exact same thought in mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    ...and that's where I preordered them too!

Here's an interesting little piece of information for us all to mule over in the mean-time:
    Well that's certainly good news! Now even more keen to see how the last big fella turns out

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Well that's certainly good news! Now even more keen to see how the last big fella turns out
    Ditto, as Menasor was my 1st ever completed Combiner & I loved them in the cartoon - Motormaster has deserved a proper new figure for almost 20+ years & it seems that it's going to have to be the 3rd Party arena that delivers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    ...and that's where I preordered them too!

Here's an interesting little piece of information for us all to mule over in the mean-time:

This completely eliminates any qualms I might've had with their price, I just wonder if it'll do the same for the hordes of speculators comprising many of our International counterparts.
    Pre-ordered Motormaster would be an interesting one. I would speculate that he's roughly Deluxe sized, perhaps with a trailer that separates into a whole lot of combiner bits like City Commander. Expecting FP to keep Menasor to scale with Bruticus, as they were the same size in the cartoons. If it's going to be $100 for a Deluxe with extra bits, then that's not too bad - slams TFCC/Botcon exclusives, and at a much better quality control rate.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The cars aren't doing it for me. They seem a bit too generic to me, with the similar faces and weird shapes.
    Motormaster can change anything though, can't wait to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The cars aren't doing it for me. They seem a bit too generic to me, with the similar faces and weird shapes.
    Motormaster can change anything though, can't wait to see him.
    That's basically the same description for the original Stunticons (sans Dragstrip) and Aerialbots

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Here's a Rezy Pic for y'all:

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Pre-ordered Motormaster would be an interesting one. I would speculate that he's roughly Deluxe sized, perhaps with a trailer that separates into a whole lot of combiner bits like City Commander. Expecting FP to keep Menasor to scale with Bruticus, as they were the same size in the cartoons. If it's going to be $100 for a Deluxe with extra bits, then that's not too bad - slams TFCC/Botcon exclusives, and at a much better quality control rate.
    He's actually being described as being far closer to a Voyager size as he comprises the Prime Mover & Trailer with very little if any 'Parts Forming'.

Here's a series of quotes from a bloke who's actually seen the end resulting Gestalt & a pic of what to more or less expect when it's revealed to us:

Quote Transbot90210:
    First things first, take a look at the IDW pic that we drink to when it's posted, covert it to plastic and you pretty much have Menasor (who has a cool FP Name )

The leg is formed by attaching the car to MM, and the back part of the car breaks up a bit.
    The arm is completely wrong. The car does form the complete arm and the front of the car is the shoulder not the rear. The arm connects to a very nice looking piece that is part of MM. The hands come from MM's trailer....just thing Explorer in arm mode and that is what these are.

Menasor looks brilliant and it has convinced me to buy two sets, this thing is going to sell out and skyrocket in price. (keep in mind I am a FP fan boy so I love everything about this both it being Menasor and the slash of FP thrown in to it)

Unfortunately I've only seen MM in alt mode no bot mode yet
    Quote Transbot90210:

Well it was guessed from the start that MM would form the back of the legs and that is what we got. I still think it looks awesome. There is no way you could make a big combiner and have all four limb bots the same size and not end up with thin legs. A choice is made, do you make the bots the complete leg and end up with thin legs or do you use them as " shin guards" and have an extremely well proportioned Menasor. They chose the latter and they chose correctly IMHO.
    Quote Transbot90210:
    For the arm think explorer. Extend the legs of the limb bot so the legs become the elbow joint. Connect a hand and bang it's an arm. The front if the car is the shoulder the hand connects to the rear. With dragstip the tires on the the side but something is happening with deadend because those wheels are at the bottom of the car in arm mode instead of the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    These guys are a bit overpriced for sure, but I doubt we'll ever get a better Classics Menasor. I'm a big fan of the updated alt-modes too, nice and exotic and not out of place with some of the other more outlandish alt modes in the classics universe. Hopefully Motormaster knocks it out of the park, a little hesitant to pre-order sight unseen, but went and did it through BBTS anyway...guess I can always cancel if Motormaster pics show up and he's a complete PoS.

Now I just have to wait and see if these guys will all turn up within the 180 days for the pile of loot system, which for me runs out 24/07. They're supposed to be all out and done by the end of May, but we all know how this 3P stuff goes...
    I've had a POL sitting on BBTS that I haven't touched for almost a year now and it hasn't shipped... from memory the official rule is 180 days from the last purchase added but I guess they don't always enforce this.

I went ahead and slapped down pre-orders for the first two of these guys. I'll ship my POL once the whole set is out.

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    I've had a POL sitting on BBTS that I haven't touched for almost a year now and it hasn't shipped... from memory the official rule is 180 days from the last purchase added but I guess they don't always enforce this.

I went ahead and slapped down pre-orders for the first two of these guys. I'll ship my POL once the whole set is out.
    As a question, can you ship certain items within your POL separate to others?
    It's just that I've got those 2 & the 1st 2 Predacons POLd & I'm figuring that all of Not-Menasor will be out before the 1st 2 Preds even show up to be shipped.