Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two More Wreckers.

Default Two More Wreckers.

Very cute for people who want to own some more Wrecker toys and can't wait for the real ones... Neither-Topspin Nor-Twin-Twist:

I really like this idea for a couple of reasons. Firstly, while I like the characters topspin and twintwist, I never reallyliked the way that they couod really only swing their arms back and forth which in my mind kind of limited their playability to Autobot marching drills. Having articulation at the knees and elbows would be awesome. Also, not sure if Hasbro will ever redo these characters, and if they do, will they be redecos of previously used molds?

If these come to fruition, I'll put them on the list. Robot figures are a big step up from the iphone cases and yet to be released shockwave gun accessory this company has previously done though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Also, not sure if Hasbro will ever redo these characters, and if they do, will they be redecos of previously used molds?
    Um... yes? To both?

Ohhh facepalm!!

I had forgotten about these, but I guess I was more refering to a more G1-esque model. These repaints don't really provide me with any cues to the G1 topspin and twintwist.

Cool
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I wouldn't call those 'redoing the characters' but to each their own.

I like these 3rd party Jumpstarters but I have issues with them. For example, Twin Twists' drills are too small and non practical as the 'cockpit' protrudes too forward. I know it's a toy but the illusion of functional realism would have been nice.

Their proportions are also a little weird, their upper bodies are too wide and they have little legs giving them somewhat Gorilla proportions but that could be the CGI render. In G1, the Jumpstartes had huge thick legs giving them stocky but consistent proportions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Ohhh facepalm!!

I had forgotten about these, but I guess I was more refering to a more G1-esque model. These repaints don't really provide me with any cues to the G1 topspin and twintwist.
    In light of these? - An easy thing to do!
    I do like this pair, they extremely reminiscent and pretty much do all that is needed with the characters; My only gripe is that Twintwist's 'Drills' are a little light compared to what I would've preferred but in saying that they're much better IMO than that which Hasbro can afford to offer.

Not the most amazing 3rd party release we have seen of late, but they do the job.

And another new 3rd party? Who knew collectors Transforming robots were so popular, apparently not Hasbro.

Now who is going to make Rack and Ruin?

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I wouldn't call those 'redoing the characters' but to each their own.
    Really? If that's not 'redoing the characters' then nor were BotCon/Classics/Universe (etc.) Springer, Huffer, Dreadwind, Banzai-Tron, Devastator, 'Crasher', Nightbeat, Ratbat, Leozack, Skyquake, Alpha Trion, Big Daddy, Blurr and your entire Dawn Of Futures Past collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Um... yes? To both?

The guy in charge of molding new heads new who they were, but the guy in charge of picking colours had no fucking idea whatsoever.

The Wreckers set would have been an easy yes from me if they'd simply used the correct colours but every single member is really wrong