Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masterpiece Ultra Magnus - Sort Of.

Yeah, but at a closer angle, and Ultra Magnus isn't as obscured by Optimus Prime as in the first shot. Atm this mock-up kitbash is all we've seen afaik.

Well, looks like Movieverse Prime lives on... "All Hail Mighty Murder Prime!"

Slightly more seriously; this certainly shows that the idea/concept of 'Magnus Armour' is alive in the engineer's minds, but whether the TakTom/Hasbro "Powers that be" feel the same is yet to be seen IMO - Sure does look like the idea has merit, but would people want to buy a 2nd MP-10, white, with a new trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Sure does look like the idea has merit, but would people want to buy a 2nd MP-10, white, with a new trailer?
    If it's reasonably priced, yes. Though given the track record of TakTOM's MP pricing lately, I'd be leaning toward waiting for a local Hasbro version. They could also make it more enticing by giving it additional goodies that MP10 doesn't have, other than the trailer -- like maybe a Sparkplug Witwicky figure, or maybe "future" (adult) Spike Witwicky. Or heck, even a Daniel Witwicky (in his normal jumpsuit, not in the exo suit).

Also, if I were TakTOM, I'd also release a limited exclusive Diaclone-coloured MP Magnus through eHobby or Amazon Japan, and that toy would come with an exclusive Human Ultra Magnus figure instead of a Witwicky. I'd also consider including a simple Legion or Scout Class sized rendition of Powered Buggy (Diaclone Powered Convoy's equivalent of Roller that could actually transform into a robot but was omitted when brought over to Transformers).

A G1 accurate Masterpiece of Ultra Magnus would definitely be welcomed...that aside what an awesome office Takara/Tomy staff have to work in computers and transformer bits and pieces everywhere...so jealous!!