Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Mastermind Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Secondly - WTF is "Megachild"!?!
    It's a small jet (part of the larger, Megajet) that flies off from Overlords left arm. Featured in the Masterforce episode "Super Ginrai gets blown away in the desert?!".

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Firstly - AWESOME! , bought on sight!
    Secondly - WTF is "Megachild"!?!
    lol yeah, Mega Child is one of those 'WTF?' Japanese names that I am sure only sounds cool to THEM

In the Masterforce cartoon, Overlord used the 'jet shield' as a kind of projectile drone weapon. Since the Japanese have a need to label and announce attacks loudly in most anime, they called it "Mega Child" in pesudo english (Mega-ChildOh!).

You can see it here at 6:30.

http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/att...1233781727.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    lol yeah, Mega Child is one of those 'WTF?' Japanese names that I am sure only sounds cool to THEM

In the Masterforce cartoon, Overlord used the 'jet shield' as a kind of projectile drone weapon. Since the Japanese have a need to label and announce attacks loudly in most anime, they called it "Mega Child" in pesudo english (Mega-ChildOh!).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CCui6PdU#t=119

...TFW...

To be fair, I would quite like sexy pouty lips (for the IDW resemblance) and a decent size (~12-14-odd inches should do nicely, Titan size seems a bit much), but still...
    Since the Japanese have a need to label and announce attacks loudly in most anime, they called it "Mega Child" in pesudo english (Mega-ChildOh!).
    If I can offer some further explanation as someone who lives there/here, it's probably equally as much because Mega was a woman, and as a general rule feminism/gender equality hasn't taken off over here*. Much like Arcee being an Office Lady in Headmasters, Mega's gender means she was always going to be put into a suitably 'feminine' role, hence the "Mega-Child" schtick.
    This place can be kind of sad/frustrating sometimes.

*There are exceptions in fictional media, but they're still very much exceptions.

Heh, if it's anything like Hexatrons gestation we'll have to wait till 2016 to get our MMC Overlord.

Nonetheless if they take the best elements from existing Overlord homages and maintain the robustness of Hexatron then he could be awesome.

I really don't understand how anyone could find Hexatron not play friendly, he's one of the most solid large transforming robots I've seen in years. I hope they make Carnifex the same size, in fact maybe they could make a whole Phase Sixer line.

@Sinnertwin, @Kup, @Kaiden, @Odey: Thank you all for your assistance - I had a feeling that it'd be something derived from Japan's "Masterforce" cartoon, added thanks -G for the cultural insight also.

@Lord_Zed: Oh god! - A Phase Sixer Line!?!, man that'd move some units!

Now that's what I am talking about!

Pure. Awesomeness.

I'mn drooling.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

i didn't really like the colour on the individual robots but together like that he is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by lancalot View Post
    i didn't really like the colour on the individual robots but together like that he is awesome!!
    But that's the colour scheme of the G1 Predacons

How could you not be a fan?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain