Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 41419202122232425262728293444 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by optimus1 View Post
    Am undecided if I should go for Generations Metroplex.....
    Is he really worth the approx $150??
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Pretty good figure. He used to be $120 or $100 on sale.
    I think that's Amazon price as well.
    It's big and bulky, a little hard to play with and pose. It will take up a lot of space but it's a very impressive figure.

I paid more than $150 (who knew it'd be cheaper here!) and don't regret it.

After checking out the Seibertron.Com galleries of the TF Prime Dark Energon toys, I'm kinda tempted to get the set.

Goldbug, Slicer, Skywarp, and the only Megatron toy from TF Prime I actually think looks any good. (And Prime and Knockout aren't too bad, I wouldn't mind another Knock Out and I didn't buy Crock Out when I had the chance)

They are priced pretty well with my POL ($15 per deluxe, $25 per voyager with shipping)

I mentioned this on Twitter and got a few Yays, any one got them and would say Nay?

Fantastic figure. Worth the $150 IMO. Got in on sale for $120 myself and that was WELL worth it. Very imposing and an important piece for me. Hope we get a Trypticon.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

After owning two of them, they're well worth the value. I should of kept my third and sold it to someone here :\ Never knew people would of wanted them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's big and bulky, a little hard to play with and pose. It will take up a lot of space but it's a very impressive figure.

I paid more than $150 (who knew it'd be cheaper here!) and don't regret it.
    Pretty good figure. He used to be $120 or $100 on sale.
    I think that's Amazon price as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Fantastic figure. Worth the $150 IMO. Got in on sale for $120 myself and that was WELL worth it. Very imposing and an important piece for me. Hope we get a Trypticon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    After owning two of them, they're well worth the value. I should of kept my third and sold it to someone here :\ Never knew people would of wanted them so much.

Thanks for the comments guys Metroplex sounds like he has more pros than cons.
    I'm now really leaning towards getting him but at a cheaper price. I'll wait for a sale at Target or if Myers decide to ever price more appropriately.

Does target still have stock?

Does target still have stock?
    There's still the odd one or two floating around

So before I decide how far to split up the 2010 commemorative shelf, I took a group photo for the collection page first...

I think that was all of them.

Anyway, Sleep Convoy is now with the rest of the Masterpiece figures....

(that should be all but the Final Edition Convoy (not worth buying just for no colour changes, but a unique stamping on the toy somewhere), the Comic edition Grimlock (way too expensive for me to justify it, when there are other items I would rather buy first for that amount), the YOTH Optimus (still on the Platinum Edition shelf), and the Gen2 Sideswipe (on its way))

I'm just still not sure about the rest of the 2010 toys yet, as my collection room is organised by series, to keep them fairly chronological. So when there are series that reuse old moulds (Universe, BotCon, and Platinum Editions), it can get confusing having a toy on a shelf that was released up to 10 years after the rest of the shelf, and having to label the shelf accordingly with its series and year(s). It also gives a good "evolution of the Brand" when everything is sorted by their release years, going from one end to the other and seeing where the focus was during different eras or years.

I think the Masterpiece line is just so significant and a "centrepiece" type of figure to any collection, that it may just be the exception to my chronological collection display order, just to highlight those particular figures (which is now the first display case people will see when entering the room).

I might squeeze in the YOTH Optimus later, on the bottom shelf (Hasbro MPs), with those darn trailers double stacked I think, just to fit them both in.

After checking out the Seibertron.Com galleries of the TF Prime Dark Energon toys, I'm kinda tempted to get the set.

Goldbug, Slicer, Skywarp, and the only Megatron toy from TF Prime I actually think looks any good. (And Prime and Knockout aren't too bad, I wouldn't mind another Knock Out and I didn't buy Crock Out when I had the chance)

They are priced pretty well with my POL ($15 per deluxe, $25 per voyager with shipping)

I mentioned this on Twitter and got a few Yays, any one got them and would say Nay?
    they do look pretty good. that megatron especially.

I got metroplex for $98 from Big W, I like it a lot but just like my Re-issue FortMax, I opened it up, transformed it, dominated the coffee table with it for a week, put it in city mode on the floor in front of the TV for another and now I have nowhere else to put it. Fort max is back in the box in the cupboard and Metroplex is standing on a shelf on the office desk because he won't fit in his box because of his arm. I like them both but I have a lingering feeling of dissapointment due to just not having suitable display space for them especially out of their robot modes.

You know my views on the Dark Energon Wheeljack/slicer from Twitter, if you don't have the takara Skywarp, then this version would be just as good if not better, just for the proper guns instead of the stupid micron.

to me the others are a little like pointless repaints with no representation in any of the media, unless you don't have the mold yet I don't see a great need for them. Seeing how much stuff you're trying to unload at the moment, I'd ask myself if I thought it might be something I would have to resell in a year or two. Having handled them all in package as part of a group order for the fair last year, they do look very nice, and if you like them just for their looks and don't care about the fact that they are essentially repaints then go for it. They are some of the best looking clear plastic figures I've seen in years.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)