Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

What are people getting Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby? (or both?!)

I've never played this Generation before so I will get one of them, just not sure which yet. Reviews seem good. Appears to be too early to know which Pokemon are version exclusives which would help me decide.

I generally get whatever version has Houndoom.

Hoenn is my least favourite region, the new pokemon were overall meh, the region itself far too water focused, the rival useless and I never really got into contests and despised poke blocks.

That being said a bad pokemon game is still a good way to waste 40+ hours. I'm grabbing Sapphire as Kyogre is far more useful in such a water dominated game and will be picking Treecko as my starter to take advantage of the abundance of water pokemon. I'll catch or transfer an electric mon or teach a gengar thunderbolt like I usually do and the game will be a cinch.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I ended up getting Omega Ruby and am looking forward to trying out a new region (to me). The big rock guy looked cooler. I may take your advice and choose the grass starter. I did that in X but ended up using two fire Pokemon more (and I assume I will eventually be able to bring over my Talonflame and Blaziken into this game).

Wife got me Omega Sapphire for a surprise anniversary gift, only 2 hours in, but loving the dex hunting ability, a Mightena with thunderfang actually makes them somewhat useful, as does a taillow with steel wing!

Can see myself losing hours later on with a Breloom with Spore and false swipe hunting down special move variants.

Also make sure to use Mystery gift to get a shiny beldum, get it early and level it up with the EXP All!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

On a recent OpShop jaunt I came across these gems!

I really dig the Handbook as it is essentially a physical Pokedex of the 1st 150 Pokemon, with complete stats, evolution trees and bios - also great classic art!

The other 2 I'll probably move on at some point; They're both stickers albums but only one is complete and the other, whilst incomplete, includes a massive poster of Ash & Pikachu along with a couple of "Logo/Banner" stickers still on the sticker sheet.

for those in sydney who into pokemon , Anime At Abbotsford is having Pokémon Gathering Day/Ultimate Card Swap Day

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    So EB games, target, big w and jbhifi are all meant to have free cards with a code on them to get a legendary Diancie.

Funnily everyone is out of stock the day after it starts. Is it Nintendo giving out only one card a store, or some other low amount, staff nicking them, people hoarding them or what? I know pokemon is popular but it seems odd that the 10 different stores were all out so quickly. The shiny gengar promo was easy to find for the first week.
    Been having the same problem here, went to like 8 stores, only 3 of them had the code cards advertised, but not a single one had any in stock. a lady at Big W in sunbury did give me 2 code cards for the shiny gengar though which surprisingly still worked.
    guess I'll be missing out on Diancie, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    What are people getting Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby? (or both?!)

I've never played this Generation before so I will get one of them, just not sure which yet. Reviews seem good. Appears to be too early to know which Pokemon are version exclusives which would help me decide.
    All things considered, Generation 3 was good, but it came out just as my interest was starting to wane. so it ranks lower for me. but from what I've played of Omega Ruby so far it is REALLY REALLY good, that new Dex Nav feature is really nice. (search for pokemon in the wild with rare moves and abilities, etc) I haven't made it very far yet but I'm loving the remakes a LOT more than the originals.
    I don't know for sure who are version exlucisves besides the cover legendaries though.
    and I went with the Water starter this time

Current OR Team:

Sceptile Lv 43
    Latios Lv.37
    Metang Lv.43 (Shiny)
    Torkoal Lv.35
    Pelipper Lv37
    Linoone Lv.35 (HM Slave)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust