Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pokemon Thread

If you havent bought/played Black or White, get into BW2, no need to play the first game, my missus didnt and loved BW2 (her first pokemon game).

If you didnt overly enjoy Black/White then you may not enjoy BW2. I thought they would be largely similar, but they are vastly different, the cities are more or less the same, but the gyms, routes and available pokemon are different. There are lots of legendaries from previous generations (and more if you get the dream radar) as well as pokemon that would be otherwise difficult to get in gen 5.

Overall I've enjoyed BW2, the Join Avenue and other online related additions are fantastic and refreshing, and the changes to routes and gyms are not cosmetic, I really enjoyed the challenges and new areas throughout the game (eg. BW2 start in a new area to the south west, while the original starting area in the south east is only accesible post game). You also get a proper pre-elite 4 training areas and a decent story, that is more fun and interesting than the original BW.

If you have time to squeeze in 50-60 hours before X and Y give it a go.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I've finished White, so is it worth paying the $50 to continue. It's fair yet feels like seeing parts of a movie.

White2/Black2 are currently on sale for $44 at JB. Which prompted my question. I haven't even opened my copy of Black. Considering not doing so, selling it, and getting Black2 now.

From the sounds of it (the national pokedex, more legendary pokemon, adjusted gyms) Black2/White2 really is "Pokemon Grey" but they've two games lets them get a bit extra cash.

With X/Y I might be smarter and hold out until Pokemon Z comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    From the sounds of it (the national pokedex, more legendary pokemon, adjusted gyms) Black2/White2 really is "Pokemon Grey" but they've two games lets them get a bit extra cash.
    Hit the nail on the head.

I liked black and white, the starters were underwhelming, but being in a region that had only new Pokémon until after the elite 4 was exciting, and an elite 4 that you only beat because they had just been obliterated by a rival was interesting.

BW2 was better, more interesting twists on the locales, more fun seeing what previous gen Pokémon were where etc. you cannot get the 3psuedo legendaries thunderous, landorous and tornadus, but buy the dream radar for $4 and you get them plus another dozen or so exclusive Pokémon.

I'd get bw2 since you've played previous games and will have previous gen Pokemon you'll want to catch.

I'm amazed that X and Y are coming out so soon, I expected a rejigged ruby sapphire game first.

Keldeo will be available for BW2 from the 25th via wifi.

Only able to get the resolute form in BW2, somehow. Sure Serebii or similar will have info up soon.

I have yet to buy W2... I don't have any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I have yet to buy W2... I don't have any money.
    I hear you dude; after reacquiring R/B/Y all with their original boxes, along with Ruby, I can't afford to grab B/W or their sequels ATM either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I hear you dude; after reacquiring R/B/Y all with their original boxes, along with Ruby, I can't afford to grab B/W or their sequels ATM either.
    I've got white so I already have a Keldeo. I suddenly calmed down so much.

I downloaded it on both black and white 2. Hmm I'm just thinking how i hated that the in-game battle tower won't let you enter legendary type pokemon. If I went through the trouble of catching a legendary without use of masterball, than i intend to use that legendary for all aspects in-game.