Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beast Hunters at NYCC

I'm extremely looking forward to all of the "Beast" figures from the "Beast Hunters" line:
    • Twinstrike - Easily a G1 Sinnertwin homage, a pretty cool looking little Legion figure.
    • Lazerback - I'm really intrigued by this Deluxe, a merger of RiD (Basic) Bruticus & G1 (Firecon) Flamefeather; He looks to be quite a brute of a figure.
    • Predaking - This guy is going to be available at all sizes but Legion, though it's the Leader Class figure that is going to be the shiner IMO, I cannot wait to get my hands on this giant embodiment of Mythological Awesome!

Soundwave has me intrigued, I think I'm going to have to see him in an "In-Hand" fashion to make my final thoughts but I'm loving the "Road-Kill" Ravage squashed on his chest!

I'm actually quite impressed with Wheeljacks retooling too, as a Carmageddon fan it speaks to me on a "Cunning Stunt" level and he is far superiorly executed compared to that of the zillionth iteration of Bumblebee (He head re-sculpt looks okay though).

But... As mentioned in the other thread, Australians are likely never to see any of these figures hit local stores; Maybe they might show up in Independent toy stores 9 months after everywhere else in the world but I'm not holding out hope.

TFW2005 has a slideshow up.

There are a few in there I like.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Hmm.. anybody else getting a Malware alert from TFW2005?

It was mentioned on another board.

Apparently there are links to sites within the boards that host malware and it is not TFW2005 itself that hosts it. So I guess it might not be a real issue, just a spam-bot that's been hidden from public view.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Default Pamela Anderson Could Pull It Off.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    It's as if they took RID Bruticus and Cybertron Scourge and smooshed them together.
    Don't forget Classics Nightscream

On a more serious note, where's my Deluxe Arcee decked out in Barb Wire getup?

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    It's as if they took RID Bruticus and Cybertron Scourge and smooshed them together.
    I like smooshy

They all look horrible. That's actually good for me so i can concentrate my money on other figures i'm after.

Twinstrike looks sorta ok. I hope he doesn't have a lame looking face though.

I really like the idea of monster Transformers, but not sure Hasbro can pull them of still without going all Beast Machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Twinstrike looks sorta ok. I hope he doesn't have a lame looking face though.

I really like the idea of monster Transformers, but not sure Hasbro can pull them of still without going all Beast Machines.
    I agree, the concept is sound but I am not liking the execution so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    On a more serious note, where's my Deluxe Arcee decked out in Barb Wire getup?
    Now we're talking!