View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

Got mine yesterday, and I bloody love it. If this is the direction of that the MP line is going in (ie Alternator-ish sized highly detailed figures) then I'm all for it. I can only muster three complaints.

1. The forearms forming the door in vehicle mode - the left side forearm doesnt sit flush with the rest of the car on mine, protruding out about 1 or 2 mm. Nothing deal breaking obvious, its just kind of annoying. I have seen this flaw on other samples, which is a fancy way of saying one of the youtube reviews I watched of this figure mentioned it.
    2. Skirt/underpant piece restricts leg movement - This seems to happen with every single MP release so I'm assuming it's something in their design MO rather than just them getting it wrong over and over.
    3. The lack of ankle articulation - my only real gripe. The feet are wide and long enough such that it won't tip over, but it doesn't really look that dynamic at times.

As for paint issues, a close inspection of my figure shows that I didn't get runny/streaky roof painting, but the tail light paint application could have been better, specifically the black light housing paint (which appears to have been applied both slightly unevenly and slightly sparsely).

Bring on Sunstreaker is all I can say to this.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

What issues were u having with his skirt? It flips up and i thought allowed for full range of motion. The bigger posability hindrance is the single jointed knee.

Nothing strictly mechanical, I'm mainly annoyed it wasn't molded with enough clearance so that you could move the legs forward without flipping it up
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Received mine today and I can't fault it, it's a work of art! After this and the recent Prime I'm totally sold on the MP line.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Received mine today and I can't fault it, it's a work of art! After this and the recent Prime I'm totally sold on the MP line.
    Really Your MP must have a better paint job than mine and there is no excuse for the cheap plastic wheels for what we have to pay for the MP line But that's just me

It still may only have plastc wheels. But rubber can split or crack over time. It may be a good thing. Most of my RID wheels have split.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    It still may only have plastc wheels. But rubber can split or crack over time. It may be a good thing. Most of my RID wheels have split.
    My G1 Sideswipe was the first Transformer I ever bought (technically, my parents bought it for me ) and I still have it to this day. His tires are as mint as when I first pulled him out of his box - yes, I used to open my Transformers back then. Just saying is all...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    That's because Hasbro used a cheap grade of rubber for RiD's tyres. My Car Robot tyres are fine, as well as all my G1 rubber tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's because Hasbro used a cheap grade of rubber for RiD's tyres. My Car Robot tyres are fine, as well as all my G1 rubber tyres.
    the tyres on my G1 primes trailer have gone flat over time from sitting in the same spot on the shelf at my parents house.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Got mine today (RK is awesome; ordered Mon, arrived Fri!)

He's FANTASTIC!! Much bigger than I thought, and very solid. Yeah, the tires not being rubber is a shame, but I really don't care either way tbh. I just can't decide which mode (alt or robot) looks better!

Highly recommended!!