Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Ep 7 - early Movie news

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If they ever made Old Republic movies they should definitely let Drew Karpyshyn write the scripts.

His novels are amazing, he has such a wealth of Star Wars knowledge.

Me and my Family are extreme SW fans. Loved the EU but to tell the truth im glad its gone. Im sure they will pick and choose things from it though. My Daughters name is Mara jade. So she is the one sad that her character is gone.

So im expecting big changes. Han and Leia may have not gotten married. Their kids now may not exist. Or perhaps the new girl and guy are the kids.
    Luke may have disappeared after jedi. The new jedi order may not have happened yet.
    Time will tell
    New Stormtroopers who are they working for?

Im happy to not know much this time around. I had a minor involvement in ep 2 while in Sydney and I found out to much while not even trying.

Im pumped for this. It will be a family holiday when it starts to go see it. Love that shot with the Falcon too. New DISH...Bloody Lando. Not a scratch

And fan made/modified versions of the trailers have surfaced.

Lego version
    Crazy Lens Flare edition
    George Lucas Special Edition <---I lost it after seeing what the X-Wing pilot does!

Also some fan-made parody images...
    Football droid
    Domo-kun Speeder
    Magnum ice cream speeder

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Me and my Family are extreme SW fans. Loved the EU but to tell the truth im glad its gone.
    +1, while there is some drop dead awesome stuff in the EU there also a lot of garbage. However I really hope they do take inspiration from the better stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    EPISODE VII TEASER SPOILERS AHEAD

One could also argue that the whole idea of a light sabre in the first place is rather impractical, as holding a searing hot blade in close proximity to your body poses various hazards. e.g. your own clothes or hair catching on fire, giving yourself instant sunburn etc.
    my star wars nerd rating has probably dropped a bit over time but I thought I read somewhere that light sabres don't actually give off heat, just light?

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    my star wars nerd rating has probably dropped a bit over time but I thought I read somewhere that light sabres don't actually give off heat, just light?
    The Star Wars wikia is in agreement with you. Interesting how it describes the blades as being "mass-less" (thus presumably weightless too?), yet in the movies the Jedi and Sith wield it as if they were quite heavy. In fact, Lucas was quite adamant in instructing actors to move as if the sabres were very heavy, with an "Excalibur" like quality. Perhaps the hilts are extremely heavy.

I thought lightsabers did give off heat. That's why there is no blood because the wounds are always cauterised instantly.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

When Qui-Gon was getting through the blast doors at the start of Ep1 sure looked like he was burning his way through them...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I thought lightsabers did give off heat. That's why there is no blood because the wounds are always cauterised instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    When Qui-Gon was getting through the blast doors at the start of Ep1 sure looked like he was burning his way through them...
    These.

How does a lightsaber cut then if it's not by using heat?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    These.

How does a lightsaber cut then if it's not by using heat?
    Temporary Mass-Displacement?...

Personally I'm gonna run with heat.