View Poll Results: GEN FOC Disc 2-pack Wave 1 - worth buying?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both yes

20 86.96%
  • Only Frenzy & Ratbat

0 0%
  • Only Rumble & Ravage

0 0%
  • Only if...

1 4.35%
  • Neither are worth it

1 4.35%
  • Not even interested

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Disc 2-packs (Wave 1)

Default Toy Review - Generations FOC Disc 2-packs (Wave 1)

(Please post photos, comments or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just brief details to start you off)

Frenzy/Ratbat & Rumble/Ravage
    Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Fall of Cybertron
    Size/class - Legion
    Wave - 1
    New/remould/redeco - all new (Frenzy & Rumble are the same mould - Ratbat is mostly a new mould from Laserbeak & Buzzsaw)
    Released here - November 2012 (not yet globally)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$13-18 each
    Approximate Size - (10cm)
    Allegiance - Decepticons
    Alt-mode - Data disc... Robot (Rumble & Frenzy), "bat" (Ratbat), Jaguar (Ravage)
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Spring-loaded conversion. Interacts with Voyager Soundwave & Soundblaster toys (insert into chest and are launched).
    Main Colours - Red/black (Frenzy), purple/black (Ratbat), blue/black (Rumble), black/silver (Ravage).
    Main Accessories - Carry case for each.

Last edited by griffin; 14th May 2013 at 12:16 AM.

Nice toys. for the first time ( I think) Rumble is blue and Frenzy is red.
    Ravage stands out among the 4. the rest are kinda flat in robot mode but ravage is a nice representation - from a flat disc to a nicely moulded jaguar.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    for the first time ( I think) Rumble is blue and Frenzy is red.
    In Western Fall of Cybertron/Prime continuity, Rumble and his toys seem to be blue. All Rumbles in Japan including this one are red, and all G1 Rumble toys in the western world currently remain red.

Opened these guys this arvo and had a little play.

I'll just type a few thoughts as I have no talent at all when it comes to putting words to paper/keyboard. So i'll let the pics do the talking. Oh and FIRRIB

As you can see the box art is pretty cool. The bios on the back are pretty cool and combine various media, ie the reference to Ratbat's accounting abilities .

Not much to see in Alt-mode. Detail is nice on the top of the disc with a rather small Decepticon symbol in the centre which is very sharp and neat.

They are a snug fit in the cases but these provide a nice storage space for them and are a nice nod to the cases that came with the original cassettes.

Transformation is pretty simple, you drop them. There is a button underneath that triggers the transformation when they hit a flat, solid suface. However the letdown for me is that Ratbat is the only one of the 4 that transforms completely. Rumble and Frenzy (being the same) have their arms up in the air and their feet tucked away (as shown below on Frenzy). And Ravage looks like he needs a tray of kitty litter You have to fold his rear legs down (also as shown below).

Transforming back to alt-mode is pretty easy and intuitive. However Ravage is quite fiddly as his front feet get in the way of his rear legs tucking in. But overall I was impressed with the engineering involved.

Scale-wise they are a fair size. They're about the same as the original G1 cassette minions. Ratbat has a few holes in him though. Here they are with classics Screamer.

Overall they are pretty cool. Great value, I paid $6.50 for each figure. At that price you really can't go wrong and IMO these guys are a must if you are getting/have FOC Soundwave/Soundblaster. Which I still need!!

Thanks for your patience.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

excellent review, they look great. thanks for your opinions.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

So what's the general consensus here - do you consider these cassettes or discs? I've heard people use both terms. IMO these are discs (for obvious reasons). It actually kinda bugs me that some people are calling them cassettes.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It actually kinda bugs me that some people are calling them cassettes.
    You're not the only one man

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    So what's the general consensus here - do you consider these cassettes or discs? I've heard people use both terms. IMO these are discs (for obvious reasons). It actually kinda bugs me that some people are calling them cassettes.
    They're data discs, but as you know their G1-equivalent subgroup was the Decepticon Cassettes/Mini-Cassettes. It's like the fact that Hound, Ironhide, Ratchet, Trailbreaker, Grapple, Hoist, Inferno and Kup are Autobot Cars despite not necessarily fitting into everyone's sensibilities about what is or is not a car.

lets call them minion frisbees.....
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Picked these guys up tonight. Fun to tool around with, which is something I think I can say is true of a lot of Hasbro's releases in the last 12 months - these might not be slavish G1 remakes, but they're fun to play with, which is kind of the point.

Still have Soundwave himself on layby with some other stuff so I can only assume it'll be twice as cool to use them all together.

Interesting that Frenzy and Rumble have the hands to hold weapons from other legends figures. Wouldn't be hard at all for some piledrivers to be made for these guys utilizing those hands.