Page 17 of 75 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Listening to an old favorite that I haven't listened to in a few years. Made in the 60's and possibly the most powerful and evocative single of all time, done by the immortal Legendary Stardust Cowboy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EEZAivzl1Q

If the beauty of that track does not make you weep with joy you have no soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I'm speechless. Words simply cannot describe the emotions i am feeling right now.

Thank You.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ditto!

I feel disgusted in myself for not having heard this breath taking serenade until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Majestic, powerful and heart-wrenching. I was one whisper away from shedding a tear.
    My wife just had the pleasure of hearing it and said that she is now forever regretful that she did not walk down the aisle to it.

Now THIS is why I use Ozformers more than FB these days for my social networking with like-mined folk. Can you believe I put this track on my wall and NOT ONE PERSON even gave it a like!?!?

Fricken heathens man!

Knights of Cydonia by Muse. One of the GREATEST video clips by one of the best progressive rock bands ever. Matthew Bellamy is a man I respect greatly for his musical talents.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

F*%$ YEAH!!! Just managed to get my hands on a copy of The Crow Soundtrack. One of, if not the best movie soundtrack ever compiled! Been after it for a few years now. I have even resorted to looking for the CD but couldn't find it anywhere.

On a superficial level, this just made my day

Since receiving these yesterday, I've been smashing the pair of them:

How To Destroy Angels' self-titled "EP" & "Welcome Oblivion", the tracks "A Drowning" & "Ice Age" I've come to really thoroughly enjoy.

Also got this pair yesterday; after quite the lengthy local search, it fell to Amazon to fulfill my requirements:

Coal Chamber's self-titled "Album" & "Chamber Music", the tracks "Sway" & "Shock The Monkey" (feat. Ozzy Osbourne) are a pair of old favourites but both albums, I've since learnt, are packed to the hilt with low-toned, grindingly-groovy tunes.

Been listening to 'The Beards' for International Beard Day (and to take my mind off the election results)

A wonderful and underrated Aussie Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C5nE4UqqLk

Checking out some NiN at the moment, as I've not heard a huge amount of their material outside of "The Downward Spiral" and Trent Reznor's work on the Quake PC game soundtracks, so am curious...
    All I'm going to say is: "The Fragile", how the hell have I lived this long and not heard your glorious sounds before!?!

Giving Satyricon's new album a good spin, so far it's fantastic. Black metal. This album they recorded analog, and you can tell the difference. Sounds more organic. So far the first 2 tracks are my favourite, though the track Pheonix is damn awesome, clean singing for a band who is black metal is cool. It is fastly growing on me as my favourite on the album.

The sound of deadlines whooshing past

ba-dum TISH

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Checking out some NiN at the moment, as I've not heard a huge amount of their material outside of "The Downward Spiral" and Trent Reznor's work on the Quake PC game soundtracks, so am curious...
    All I'm going to say is: "The Fragile", how the hell have I lived this long and not heard your glorious sounds before!?!
    Awesome band. I was never a fan until I saw them at the Big Day Out in 1999 He also did some of the music for Black Ops 2. Some pretty funky tunes on that game as well.

You boys really should pull your heads out of all that (horrible ) metal you listen to all the time. There are some fantastic musicians out there

Awesome band. I was never a fan until I saw them at the Big Day Out in 1999 He also did some of the music for Black Ops 2. Some pretty funky tunes on that game as well.
    ...found myself quite liking "Year Zero" too , but I can't say that "With Teeth" grabbed me at all.

You boys really should pull your heads out of all that (horrible ) metal you listen to all the time. There are some fantastic musicians out there
    ...also a helluva lot of junk too.