Thread: Transformers coins from New Zealand Mint

Default Transformers coins from New Zealand Mint

Following on from the idea of the Perth Mint releasing two sets of Transformers coins (in 2009 & 2011), the New Zealand Mint has done their own pair.
    Featuring Generation 1 Optimus Prime on one, and Megatron on the other, the coins are made of 1 ounce of silver, worth $2 in Niue (a country off New Zealand). This is similar to the Australian Coins, in that they are produced as legal tender for another country, but no one would ever use them because of how much the coins actually cost to buy.

These two from New Zealand are NZ$278 for the pair, or AU$224. (before shipping)

Coins are 4cm across (a 20cent coin is 3cm across)
    Release date is April 10th.
    5,000 of each.

These look pretty cool as a quirky merchendise item, and I probably prefer them over the movie coins from Perth mint, but that cost...

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    These look pretty cool as a quirky merchendise item, and I probably prefer them over the movie coins from Perth mint, but that cost...
    It's just over $200 for the pair which is comparable to the ones The Perth Mint released which you could buy individually for $97.50 so the price isn't that bad... plus they're G1
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

G1 coins to make them interesting.

They look cool and all, but if i'm paying $100 for a coin, guess what i think the coin should be worth?.. I'm happy to pay a bit of a premium but $2 value is a bit ridiculously low in my book

Megatron Guest

This G1 Megatron coin will be a nice addition to my existing coin collection.

These are very pretty, I'm not sure if I'd be willing to fork out $200 bucks for them but I do really like them.

the $2 value is what they are worth as legal tender, but their collection/sale value is obviously a lot higher. in the same way that an old Australian $1 note is worth a fair bit more than $1 these days.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)