View Poll Results: Beast Hunters Wheeljack - worth buying?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 75.00%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Not worth it

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review: Beast Hunters DLX Wheeljack

Default Toy Review: Beast Hunters DLX Wheeljack

Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line - Beast Hunters
    Size/class - Deluxe
    Wave - 1
    New/remould/redeco - Remoulded Wheeljack
    Released here - not yet (globally January 2013)
    Approximate Retail Price - $23-$30 (US$15 in America)
    Approximate Size - 14cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Armoured car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - splotchy plastic colour, spiky
    Main Colours - White, red, green, bronze
    Main Accessories - spear/disc launcher

Popped this guy out of his packaging tonight and I can say I am really pleasantly surprised by how bad ass this guy is. For me he gives off a real Aztec hunter vibe and to accommodate this I have swapped his Falcon Spear for DOTM Que's staff and an Eva 01 Vibro Blade. Lastly coupled with a crouched stance for me he really does look like he's on the trail of a beast. I am really enjoying what Beast Hunters has had to offer so far and will continue to buy up whatever comes out.

I'll watch the cartoon when it comes out, but I have zero interest in the toys. They look uuug-ly! Not even a fan of the packaging. More money to save for future Generations and MP's
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    Popped this guy out of his packaging tonight and I can say I am really pleasantly surprised by how bad ass this guy is. For me he gives off a real Aztec hunter vibe and to accommodate this I have swapped his Falcon Spear for DOTM Que's staff and an Eva 01 Vibro Blade. Lastly coupled with a crouched stance for me he really does look like he's on the trail of a beast. I am really enjoying what Beast Hunters has had to offer so far and will continue to buy up whatever comes out.
    Yeah, I'm actually liking the look of these Beast Hunters. This Wheeljack is a great improvement over the original Prime Wheeljack with all the spikes and general bad ass looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Yeah, I'm actually liking the look of these Beast Hunters. This Wheeljack is a great improvement over the original Prime Wheeljack with all the spikes and general bad ass looks.
    Personally the look turns me off. One thing I really like about the original TFP Wheeljack's alt mode is how it's based on the recent Fenomenon Lancia Stratos, which is quite fitting as the original G1 Wheeljack was the old Lancia Stratos Turbo. While the spikes and stuff may make BH Wheeljack look more "badass", I feel that it detracts from the "Robot in Disguise" element of the alt mode. I wouldn't mind it if the armour were detachable (as it appears to be on some other BH toys like Smokescreen)... but if it's a permanent part of the mould, then that's kind of a turn off for me.

It's similar to what Hasbro did with Deluxe DOTM Leadfoot and Top Spin... I didn't quite like how those toys were designed to be permanently in attack mode (while Roadbuster was in normal car mode).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Personally the look turns me off. One thing I really like about the original TFP Wheeljack's alt mode is how it's based on the recent Fenomenon Lancia Stratos, which is quite fitting as the original G1 Wheeljack was the old Lancia Stratos Turbo. While the spikes and stuff may make BH Wheeljack look more "badass", I feel that it detracts from the "Robot in Disguise" element of the alt mode. I wouldn't mind it if the armour were detachable (as it appears to be on some other BH toys like Smokescreen)... but if it's a permanent part of the mould, then that's kind of a turn off for me.
    What he said.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

i hate the original mold so i hate this one too.

Default Toy Review - Beast Hunters DLX Wheeljack

Today I bought probably my only Beast Hunters Transformer and to say I am slightly under-whelmed is an understatement....I was so looking forward to Wheeljack but once I got him in-hand I could off almost wept with the lack of quality control, bits flopping around everywhere. I was expecting a nice solid semi-ridge toy, instead I got something that more resembles a knock-off.I wont bore you with the long list of issues I have with this toy, most were fixed with a bit of superglue on the joints, but the biggest bitch I have is the huge scratches on one of the for-arms.It looks like someone messed up with the paint app so instead of cleaning it off and redoing it, someone has come along and scratch off the excess paint.

[IMG][/IMG]

Overall I would of enjoyed this one if not for the lack of quality control, it has left a sour taste in my mouth, this is the first time in 20 years of collecting Transformers where I have experienced something that resembles vandalism. I will also point out one flaw, you cant turn the shoulders back horizontal like you could with the original mold because of his wings on the back get in the way, the shoulders need to be left almost vertical which just doesn't work, I just took the red parts of the wings off, he looks 100% better for it....

Unfortunately I cant exchange it for other because there was no other to exchange for, so just beware and hope you don't get a dud like I did......

Quote Originally Posted by Tabias Prime View Post
    Unfortunately I cant exchange it for other because there was no other to exchange for, so just beware and hope you don't get a dud like I did......
    If I were you I would either:
    1) Keep the receipt and exchange it when new stock comes in (or if you find it at another branch of the same store chain)
    2) Get a refund and buy it from another store. BHs are available at Myer, Kmart and I think some people have sighted it at Target (it'll probably be more available there after their sale ). Eventually all the major chains will get it... so yeah, I'd be tempted to refund it and just wait to find another one later on.