Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Class METROPLEX

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    make one that turns into the massive cool spaceship he flew about as and THAT will be FOC Omega Supreme - not the train/crane/battleship thing that Energon Omega turned into.
    You mean like this one?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'm in the minority, in that I feel disappointed.

I have to agree. The alt modes on this guy are crap-tastic. I understand that it's probably designed to be some kind of cyberverse legends playset but G1 Metroplex does a better job of looking like a city. I expected much better after 25 years of engineering advances. There are scout-class toys that feature a greater transformation complexity.

That said, I really do appreciate the commitment from Hasbro behind making a toy of this scale and hope it is a success so that better things may follow.

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    just saw the updated pics on tfw2005 for the actual toy...my god looks amazing! Yes for me

Although I agree with Griffin, the alt modes are a little underwhelming...but who displays them like that anyways?
    Regardless of which mode you display it in, you'd play with it in both modes! So while I would display it in robot mode, having a poor alt mode would suck each time I transform it while fiddling or full on playing with it. If alt modes didn't matter then I'd probably have a more favourable opinion of Action Masters, Revoltech, Robot Replicas and other such non-transformable rubbish^toys.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    BBTS has just announced they have FOC Omega Supreme. Checked it out, and it is essentially the Energon Omega they recoloured for the Year of the Snake version with a slightly changed claw. Strangely, that does not make it FOC for me - make one that turns into the massive cool spaceship he flew about as and THAT will be FOC Omega Supreme - not the train/crane/battleship thing that Energon Omega turned into.
    Gah... that's disappointing. The Energon Omega Supreme mould is so supremely crap IMHO. Suddenly Metroplex looks really REALLY good now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    You mean like this one?
    Thats awesome! Way too pricey for me though!

What really blew me away about this Beast is something that 1AZRAEL1 mentioned that seems to of been lost in the 'Wonder' of this figure:
    • Generations Metroplex cost Hasbro $400,000 to tool up!

That is a HUGE! investment on a toy that in many ways is an incredible gamble.

There is a hell of a lot of boxes that this figure ticks for me, namely: 'Giant Robot Toy!'
    • This bloke is going to have articulated LED pupils!?!
    • A mouth-light that flashes (Think Bender from Futurama) in time with the sound gimmick of 'Direct from the game' lines of speech!
    • A legends class Scamper figure.
    • A bevy of articulation that no previous city former has had, including articulated fingers.
    • An extremely reminiscent G1 & FoC blended design aesthetic & silhouette in Robot mode!
    • A G1-esque sticker sheet for all the various details (Apparently to aid in keeping the cost down according to a Hasbro Rep).
    • A pair of Alt modes that are directly related to the G1 figure, keeping in-line with the Classicsverse's original design aims.

+ He's a GIANT ROBOT TOY!!!

Local acquisition is going to be a pain , so I will be importing this guy from where ever is the most cost effective place of purchase (as I refuse to deal with Aussie Retail's ineptitude ) but a $150-$200 price-tag is perfectly fine by me.

Who'd of ever thought that Hasbro would ever turn around in this modern era & even contemplate offering a figure that is 2ft tall again?
    Metroplex seems to me like it means/represents a lot of things to Hasbro, such as:
    • Hasbro simply cannot offer the Encore FortMax to its Western Markets, this is their answer.
    • This figure does both the G1 Metroplex figure & the Classics/Universe 2.0/Generations/Hunt for The Decepticons/Reveal The Shield lines justice.
    • It celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Transformers, both as a play pattern & the brand's long standing in Western Popular Culture.
    • It also represents the single largest toy based on an individual character available to Western (& likely Eastern) markets natively in the world - Nothing at this year's toyfair comes close.

Just imagine Hasbro's delight when all the various toy industry rep's eyes fall upon the Hasbro display booth & this giant robot can be seen from 20+ meters away!, what it says about Hasbro as a company to other companies & what they're able to achieve in this fiscally tight time.

For as much as we think Generations Metroplex is for us, just have a little think of what he must surely mean for Hasbro - Because I think he's just as much for them.

@ $400,000 I reckon they coulda done something more than an articulated G1 Metroplex.

You can't deny that Hasbro are taking things in a surprisingly wonderful direction though. This behemoth is clearly exciting a lot of nerds. What's not to like about a massive robot?

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    What's not to like about a massive robot?
    We've had our fair share of really bad big-bum toys; Supreme Cheetor, Energon Omega Supreme, Super Cybertron Starscream, ROTF Combiner Class Devastator...

Being tall and having lots of gimmick is one thing, but whether or not it means that the toy is any good or not remains to be seen. Fortress Maximus, as a Transformer action figure, is pretty ordinary. But as a play set he is just maxed out (no pun intended) with play features and gimmicks that justify the size and price. Will Metroplex be worth paying $200 for? Let's wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    We've had our fair share of really bad big-bum toys; Supreme Cheetor, Energon Omega Supreme, Super Cybertron Starscream, ROTF Combiner Class Devastator...
    Ok, I gotta admit that my combiner class ROTF Devastator sucks big time! I cant even get him back together properly since I separated him into his 6 vehicles. But I did quite like Energon Omega Supreme and my giant Cybertron Starscream, I thought they were very cool toys! Never even bothered with Supreme Cheetor though.

He looks pretty impressive in 'bot mode, and that's how he'll probably stay in my collection. I never got in to the whole cyberverse thing so I don't think I'd use him as a play set.

Quote Originally Posted by Blink90210 View Post
    I find it really interesting that a "fashionable and functional helmet" is one of the highlighted features. Definate buy for me but does anyone else think it'll shelf-warm by virtue of its price?
    Hopefully just long enough for me to get my hands on one!