Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6162122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Fansproject Intimidator and Motor Master Revealed

Oh lord, this guy is frightening to transform the first time. Nice tight joints, FP's penchant for tabs everywhere and an unfamiliar transformation made me slow right down for fear of snapping something.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Yeah I got mine yesterday but due to life only got him into robot mode before bed.

All in all his transformation isn't that hard but there are just TOO MANY TABS!!! Seriously, this guy could lose half of the tabs and it wouldn't make a difference. Very impressive though. I quite like the transformation and will have a fully completed Menasor added to my combiner shelves tonight

Plus there will be pics.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I received my M3/Intimidator/Diesel last Monday and I must say that it's an amazing and fun figure to transform; it'll test your metal in transforming transforming-robot toys, but it's definitely no where near as difficult or scary as many have made it out to be.

The instructions DO NOT go far enough into detailing the steps of transformation nor does it appropriately point out the differing tabs that are employed, as this beast makes use of your everyday "friction" tabs, "Hooked" tabs & "Dove-tail" tabs!

In saying that though; if you take your time, pay a careful eye and avoid exerting too much force (As it is entirely un-required) you wont end up being one of the many tales of "Ham-fistedness" that permeates many an international thread on the matter.

I may do a more detailed write up at some point, as I've still yet to do a full photography shoot on this fantastic brute but in the meantime I'll just leave this here...

He does look good..!! more pic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I received my M3/Intimidator/Diesel last Monday and I must say that it's an amazing and fun figure to transform; it'll test your metal in transforming transforming-robot toys, but it's definitely no where near as difficult or scary as many have made it out to be.

The instructions DO NOT go far enough into detailing the steps of transformation nor does it appropriately point out the differing tabs that are employed, as this beast makes use of your everyday "friction" tabs, "Hooked" tabs & "Dove-tail" tabs!

In saying that though; if you take your time, pay a careful eye and avoid exerting too much force (As it is entirely un-required) you wont end up being one of the many tales of "Ham-fistedness" that permeates many an international thread on the matter.

I may do a more detailed write up at some point, as I've still yet to do a full photography shoot on this fantastic brute but in the meantime I'll just leave this here...

Nice. I've been meaning to do a write up and photos for while now but just haven't had time. Maybe this arvo.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Why does my diesel come with a replacement gun?
    Spiderken Away!

The original doesn't fit right in his hand.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    The original doesn't fit right in his hand.
    This is the case only with a certain batch of figures that seemed to of only have gone to BBTS; some more may of found their way to other stores but it's been a while since I last checked up on the issue so other stores may of been afflicted.

A certain batch (Likely the 1st) had the correctly molded gun handle but had an outdated mold used for the gestalt hands - As a quick remedy, a retooled version of the gun handle's mold was used to create a suitable replacement/fix - It also has the added benefit of allowing one to have both the large gun being wielded AND Last Chance's forearm being filled-in whilst in "Arm Mode".

Did that all make sense? - I hope it did.

mostly
    Spiderken Away!

Has anyone been able to separate the barrel after making the gun? I've basically shredded my fingers to bits while trying to pull it apart. I'm thinking about sending a message to BBTS to see if I can get a replacement.