Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Bluestreak & Prowl fully revealed

I'd checked HLJ and Amiami earlier this week, and I couldn't find them listed there. I hadn't checked today. Amiami's sold out... I just preordered Prowl, but for some reason it's not letting me pre-order Bluestreak (odd). (o_O) Weeeeiiiiirrrd...

Thanks for the heads up, Tober!

Edit: Oh wait, my Streak order just came in after several browser refreshes... oh... I've pre-ordered 2 MP Streaks... (I put another order in when the first one wouldn't show up, even after refreshing my browser 2-3 times). <cancels spare Streak> Okay, 1 Prowl, 1 Streak... better!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd checked HLJ and Amiami earlier this week, and I couldn't find them listed there. I hadn't checked today. Amiami's sold out... I just preordered Prowl, but for some reason it's not letting me pre-order Bluestreak (odd). (o_O) Weeeeiiiiirrrd...
    They both listed them today.

Dunno what's happening with Streak, it's still available to me. LINK
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Yeah it's to my understanding that AmiAmi only ever orders a very small amount of stock compared to other Online stores, Japanese or otherwise.

When I ordered through HLJ earlier this afternoon though, I had a mini-freakout myself as I finished the checkout procedure on both figures but it took about 5 or so minutes for the order to actually show up under my account! - All was good though so I think HLJ might just be receiving a lot of traffic ATM Goki.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

Dunno what's happening with Streak, it's still available to me. LINK
    Yeah, I found the page, but it wasn't appearing on my ... cart... thing... so I ordered it again... and then later it appeared twice, so I cancelled one. Gah... I'm so not used to online shopping!

Yeah, I found the page, but it wasn't appearing on my ... cart... thing... so I ordered it again... and then later it appeared twice, so I cancelled one. Gah... I'm so not used to online shopping!
    Normally there isn't such a delay between confirmation of purchase & said purchase appearing under your account, not from my experience with HLJ anyway, so like I mentioned earlier dude it's likely due to traffic (Pun not intended ).

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Yeah it's to my understanding that AmiAmi only ever orders a very small amount of stock compared to other Online stores, Japanese or otherwise.
    I wonder why this is the case? It certainly explains why AmiAmi seem to be out of stock on everything (or maybe just everything I look at). If you know from past experience that these things are going to sell quickly, why sell only a few when you could sell lots? Even HLJ doesn't seem to get heaps in, at least compared to the US sites as they were out of stock on MP-13 preorders at least as far back as September last year. They do have a '10 per person' limit on Prowl and Bluestreak though, so maybe they've learned?

Anyway, I got an order in with HLJ earlier without any troubles. I don't think it matters whether you use the private warehouse or not. I've not used their new system but from what I've read on their site it sounds like it's only a virtual warehouse - they just keep a reserve level of stock on hand rather than physically separating and storing your purchases.

For Odie and anyone else who can --- Amazon Japan is currently listing MP Prowl and Bluestreak for pre-order with the earlybird discount of 5098JPY (16% (992JPY) off RRP) -- about AU$53. It's marginally more expensive than Lambor's preorder price (4436JPY/$46) and Amazon doesn't seem to be offering any bonus exclusive accessories, so comparatively it seems to be poorer value for money. But I don't think I can find them cheaper. I don't mind paying a bit more if these toys turn out to be better than Lambor though. (here's hoping)
    Almost always, when Amazon first lists a toy the discount isn't much, but up until the release it'll fluctuate quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go down to what Lambor cost. I'm sure you know with pre-order price guarantee, if the price drops before it comes out, they'll reduce it for your order automatically.

There's also not much risk if the price doesn't go down, because orders can be cancelled right up until it's being prepared, with no ill-effects. Same can't be said for Amiami, if you do cancel preorders too often, they'll black list you!

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    I wonder why this is the case? It certainly explains why AmiAmi seem to be out of stock on everything (or maybe just everything I look at). If you know from past experience that these things are going to sell quickly, why sell only a few when you could sell lots? Even HLJ doesn't seem to get heaps in, at least compared to the US sites as they were out of stock on MP-13 preorders at least as far back as September last year. They do have a '10 per person' limit on Prowl and Bluestreak though, so maybe they've learned?
    I think they take preorders based on estimates of how many they expect to get, and then source it from multiple distributors at some point before release.

Even if you order when something is in stock, they may cancel it if it turns out they can't get enough of them for everyone who's ordered. I had a scare recently with a game i pre-ordered, they sent me 3 emails saying they were trying to find it through distributor 1, 2 and 3, before finally telling me they were successful in sourcing the item (due out March 20).

i preordered from HLJ like everyone else... but the coins... we won't get the coins... i'm so torn

Can't see that anyone else has mentioned this but I hope they fix-up the spelling mistake on Prowl's doors - 'Highway Patorol'.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can't see that anyone else has mentioned this but I hope they fix-up the spelling mistake on Prowl's doors - 'Highway Patorol'.

Please someone tweet Hasui Shogo before it's too late!