The Western version of Ninja Scroll is cut (even if subtitled). I've seen the uncut version of Ninja Scroll in raw Japanese and it has extra bits that are deleted in the Western version (probably for censorship reasons). So yeah, if you wanna see it uncut, try and watch the raw version. I think I might still have a copy on VHS somewhere... (problem is I don't have a working NTSC VHS player anymore ) I've got boxes of anime on NTSC VHS that I really need to transfer to DVD (including several Transformers series that hasn't been released here on DVD).

Damn... everytime I think of Ninja Scroll I wanna eat Onigiri. (likewise sometimes when I eat Onigiri I imagine that I'm Jubei )

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
Boku no Imouto wa Osaka Okan (funny little anime about Osaka-ben)
I had a girlfriend who was from Kansai, and she once complained to me about how anime always mocks Kansaiben/Osakaben... i.e. every character who speaks these dialects are portrayed as fools. I just laughed out loud. It even occasionally happens in Transformers! Classic example being Car Robot's Gusshar (RiD Slapper).