Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

kool i remember watching DBZ on cheese tv that was when the anime/cartoons on ten were presented by 2 talented guys , watched a few good things on that show but atm i cant remember it all sadly.

i havnt had much chances to watch anime so im still a bit noobish in terms of knowledge on whats out there.

my bro darkhyren has introduced me to anime like full metal panic and black lagoon i like them heeps i like mech and hot chicks with guns heh heh so they was good for each of those things currently watching TFA and prime with dh luvin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommahawk79 View Post
    kool i remember watching DBZ on cheese tv that was when the anime/cartoons on ten were presented by 2 talented guys , watched a few good things on that show but atm i cant remember it all sadly.

i havnt had much chances to watch anime so im still a bit noobish in terms of knowledge on whats out there.

my bro darkhyren has introduced me to anime like full metal panic and black lagoon i like them heeps i like mech and hot chicks with guns heh heh so they was good for each of those things currently watching TFA and prime with dh luvin it.
    Awesome, glad to hear other people with enjoyment to animes or just general otaku's beside myself. How is black lagoon? I've heard alot of praise towards it, but still don't know much about it.

I've heard that the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie is now out on DVD. I've yet to find it, although I haven't checked JB Hi Fi... they're more likely to stock this as a foreign film rather than generic dept stores like Kmart.

Yeah Black Lagoon is pretty cool, I think the best way to describe it is Hollywood action movie meets anime, lots of gratuitous violence and explosions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've heard that the Rurouni Kenshin live action movie is now out on DVD. I've yet to find it, although I haven't checked JB Hi Fi... they're more likely to stock this as a foreign film rather than generic dept stores like Kmart.
    A quick check of JB Hi Fi's online store shows that it is indeed in stock.
    I haven't heard much about it, is it any good, is it just a retelling of what the anime already went over or is it a new story?

I haven't seen the film. It was only shown for a briefly at Event Cinema on George St., and it wasn't at a time when I could go see it. Suspectimus Prime said he tried to book tickets, but they were sold out! It was an inflight movie when I flew to Cairns last summer, but the flight was too short to watch the film (i.e. the film would've ended prematurely by time we were ready to land). Gah.

I've heard it's really good though... but yeah, I've yet to see it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommahawk79 View Post
    I can refresh your memory.
    Fight scene in the air.
    6 eps later
    Same fight scene in the air. (someone may have a black eye and Goku might have gone Super sayan).

Not a huge anime fan myself, but I do enjoy watching it, it's juts a matter of finding the time and one that doesn't bore me to death.

Currently watching
    Space Ship Yamato 2199 and the second season of the original.

Recommend:
    Gurren Lagann. trigun. Fruits Basket (Hilarious!!!) Best watched with subs as the US voice actors sound BORED OUT OF THEIR HEADS. Awful, awfull dub.
    Thermae Romae. very funny and educational as well.

Hmm thought there were more, but can't think of them right now.

I suggest avoiding the anime adaptation of X-men, Wolverine and Blade. Iron Man is watchable, but only just.

Anime? what is this thing you call anime?

.........kidding

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

black lagoon is awesome. season 2 is coming soon i think.

particularly love sports anime
    Last edited by kaiden; 20th March 2013 at 02:39 AM.

As far as Evangelion goes, I think the original series is the best of all of them, sure the Rebuild movies are more polished and not as dated, but for its time it was an amazing anime that had a bit more story to it than just sensless robot violence.

SDF Macross is also good, again its dated now but im my opinion it mops the floor with Macross Frontier.

Akira, Ghost in the shell, Patlabor, Elfen Lied, High School of the Dead are also quite enjoyable.
    ~

Oh excellent! - A great topic for a thread & really, I can't believe that it hasn't come up until now?

My 1st curiosity with Anime (That I actually identified as Anime ) was when I was about 6 or 7 y/o with the 12 part OVA series The Guyver: Bio-Booster Armor.

From then on it's been a bit of a love affair ever since, as Guyver introduced me (& my younger Brother ) to what we basically rationaled it to at the time as 'Cartoons for Adults'.
    Guyver was quickly followed up with both of the Battle Angel: Alita OVAs, one of the Devil Man OVAs as well as the original Appleseed OVA, it has been a long road since these but allow me to share with you some of my favourite Animes:

A trio of series that I've not all too long ago viewed that I thought were friggin' awesome & highly recommend are:

...and for those whom like Robots and/or even Super Robots! - I've recently partaken in a Mecha Madness Marathon, which contained the following BOTastic Animes:
    (*NOTE: Actually seen prior to marathon )

(*NOTE: The Above seen as part of Marathon )

I've neglected to mention DragonballZ until this point namely because I feel that it is a series that everyone should see in one form or another because as with many others I saw the series via CheezeTV & is the reason for being late to SO many classes during High School , but a couple of other shows that I've seen bits of that I want to actually checkout properly at some point are Cowboy Bebop & the Super Robot Wars OVAs (+ the 2 series).

At present though, I'm currently going back through and watching Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex & Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd GIG as well as Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society; as when my youngest Brother & I watched each series the 1st time, we had procured some 'digitally relocated' copies of the episodes and were playing them on a DVD Player that for some utterly perplexing reason decided t play them in an order that I've still not been able to rationalise or replicate...

So now I'm watching them in Proper Chronological Order, I've very recently completed GITS:SAC after having acquired the US Boxset (To my door, literally half the price of the Australian Release ) so having this arrive yesterday:

...and with GITS:SAC-SSS on its way from Madman Entertainment's warehouse, along with Ghost in The Shell: Arise due later this year/early next year! , I pretty confident in saying that Ghost in The Shell is my defining favourite Anime series.
    (Extremely closely followed by Guyver )