Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PS4: Your Thoughts?

Default PS4: Your Thoughts?

Today sony had a press meeting in regards to the playstation 4 check it out here: https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Today sony had a press meeting in regards to the playstation 4 check it out here: https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/
    Graphics were obviously amazing and interaction with smart phones and tablets sounds great. Playing games on the vita follows sorta Nintendos footsteps. Team online racing clubs sounds cool. Controller = Meh. IMO no real killer aps

From a Nintendo fanboy who loves and owns PSone, PS2 and PS3 I was a little underwhelmed watching the live stream.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Loved PS1 and PS2, PS3 was cool with graphics and gameplay but it's UI and online store and inabilitiy to transfer save games was frustrating. And plus many of the PS3 release titles were meh compared to what was on the old consoles.

I hate the idea of relying on a screen on your controller for the PS4. Graphics may look good (especially in that Killzone 4 demo) but that does NOT JUSTIFY games relying more on Quick Time Events, which is what I saw a few times in the game. Good gameplay is more important than graphics and do we really need more FPS games?

And playing games while I download them? Whatever happened to NOT downloading at all and playing a game as it was without DLC when you bought it straight from a local retailer? The fact that people have to use chunks of their download quota to get their games is still an annoyance. Not everyone, especially in Australia has unlimited broadband.

Ive got 9 PS3 games I haven't opened yet to play. Plus the year later (and so on) price drops. Equals no real interest at this stage. I'd want to know about backwards compatability, surely they could emulate PS2 hardware by now. Otherwise I'm quite happy with my current console.

They are relying heavily on people having phenomenal Internet speeds and quotas. The kind that basically doesn't as yet exist in Oz.

And the whole thing about predicting what sort of games I want by my previous gameplay and pre downloading new titles onto my console?? Not a fan of that for MANY reasons.

You can see this generation of console is going to see the big push to rid themselves of physical game discs. It's all going the download route. 10 years and stores like EB and Game will be history and Sony will reap the profits of every game being downloaded through playstation store.

No good will come of this.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Prefer the design of the Dualshock 3 controller more, and thought they should have put the touchpad on the BACK of the controller for easier access (where it is now means you can't use the triangle etc buttons or the sticks at the same time as using the touchpad).

As per usual, will wait until way after the PS4 launch (and the inevitable redesign) before getting it especially if launch models have hardware problems comparable to the YLOD or RROD. That, and there's still heaps of PS3 games I haven't had the chance to play yet.

Still, quite excited about the console and some of the new features, but it feels like they're pushing digital services more than ever (services that I will never use).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Not interested. It all sounds too complicated. I miss my Playstation 1

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    *snip*
    Hahaha, lol! - That was excellent Kup!

For me personally, this is what I liked most about the announcement:
    A press release offers a formal confirmation of most of the machine's technical specifications, confirming an 8 core x86-64 CPU from AMD codenamed "Jaguar", and a Radeon-based GPU said to be capable of 1.84TFLOPs.

As mentioned in the media briefing, the machine will sport a healthy 8GB of GDDR5 RAM, and the release confirms that it will also come with a built-in HDD (no specified capacity), a Blu-ray optical drive, USB 3.0, gigabit ethernet, Wireless b/g/n, and Bluetooth 2.1.
    (Quoted from AusGamers.com article )

I personally love reading the specs of new hardware & what it's capable of doing 'On Paper', then seeing this eventually translated into a physical and visual manifestation - Because as far as consoles go, this thing is shaping up to be an absolute BEAST!