Page 29 of 85 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) items

First purchase for POL is as follows;

item + base shipping + shipping weight

Second item onwards is;

item + shipping weight

Shipping weight is COMBINED, so adding something small to a big order might not even add any shipping whatsoever.

If you say "Ship my loot now!", then the whole system starts again next time you order something in stock or a pre-order comes into stock.

and BBTS don't charge anything until the pre-order comes in. it is that point where they calculate the difference in shipping cost, so if you have an empty POL you start again, otherwise it adds to your POL based on it's weight.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay... what if the third deluxe is a pre-order instead, which I think is what Reillyd is asking.
    If the first two have charged $15 for postage because they are in stock, but you pre-order a third, do they only charge you $2.50? Or do they charge you a full $10 in case you don't send all three together?
    Because what if you ship your POL before the third one is released... and then when it is released you want the third one posted since it is the only thing left in your POL. Now, they only charged you $2.50, but obviously a single deluxe should cost $10, so do BBTS then charge extra shipping on that third deluxe being sent on its own, when you ask for your "pile" to be shipped?
    However, if they do charge you the full $10 amount to cover themselves if you don't send all three together, but you do send all three together, do they refund the $7.50 or keep it?
    As the others have said, since you don't pay for the pre-order until it comes in they calculate the shipping once it becomes in stock.
    If you had sent the first 2 figures on their own, and then the 3rd one comes in they will charge you for the figure and $10 for postage.
    If the 2 figures were still in your POL they will charge you $2.50 for postage.

They will also quote $10 postage at the time of order regardless of the state of your POL, they assume your POL will be empty at the time the figure comes in to cover their bases. The actual postage charge will be calculated when the figure comes in so if you plan to have a pile their at the time your can pretty much ignore it.

You can get a rough idea of how much postage will be by getting to the check out with similar items that are in-stock (like other deluxes from the same series). Unlike the Pre-order postage quote, the in-stock postage quote will take into account your current POL.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    As the others have said, since you don't pay for the pre-order until it comes in they calculate the shipping once it becomes in stock.
    Okay... that makes it work fair.
    If a shipping charge shows at checkout, it proves that it is in-stock and ready to ship or sit in your POL.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Okay... that makes it work fair.
    If a shipping charge shows at checkout, it proves that it is in-stock and ready to ship or sit in your POL.
    Not quite.

In the checkout BBTS separates the in-stock items and pre-order items into 2 lists both with their own shipping quote. The in-stock items are in a green list, pre-order is in a blue list.

So if it is in the green list it is in-stock and ready to ship or sit in your POL.
    Shipping quote in the green list takes your current POL into consideration, the one for the blue list does not.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Smile

Thanks for the explanations guys! Looks like I'm going to use it for small items that would otherwise hit me with a big one off charge
    oh and Griffin, Deaths Head is back in stock
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Thanks for the explanations guys! Looks like I'm going to use it for small items that would otherwise hit me with a big one off charge
    Since that's for the later wave assortment... so I think I'll see if I can find one from the first release if it appears here, or while I'm in America.

Also, if you do get something big like Metroplex, you can offset the postage a little with a number of smaller items. We've been using BBTS for quite some time. Took us a little while to work the whole POL thing out too

Thanks for the Heads up on Deaths head.

Keep in mind that BBTS charge on a per weight basis, a whole lot of small stuff does make per figure shipping relatively cheap, but a lot of items in general, unless they are really heavy will have a fairly low per toy shipping cost.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

For anyone still interested, they have AM Orion Pax's now permanently at the clearence price of $30 (which I think they have only done during sales before) down from $55. I picked up two - one for me and one (over a decade in advance) for Orion's 12th birthday