Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) items

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    For anyone still interested, they have AM Orion Pax's now permanently at the clearence price of $30 (which I think they have only done during sales before) down from $55. I picked up two - one for me and one (over a decade in advance) for Orion's 12th birthday
    Lucky Orion has his own pile of loot from BTT!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    Lucky Orion has his own pile of loot from BTT!
    Heh - in a box awaiting him he's got 2 Generations Orion Pax toys (one for his 5th, one for his 21st), 1 AM Orion Pax toy for his 12th, a RescueBots Bumblebee Carwash for his 3rd, a couple of Spotlight: Orion Pax comics put aside and enough TF clothing to last him to teenagehood.

I hope he likes TF's in the end because the poor kid isn't going to enjoy a lot of his birthdays otherwise

(Oh, and one day when they get really cheap I'll by a second of the KreO books so he can have the little Orion Pax Kre-O that comes with it )

(Oh, and one day when they get really cheap I'll by a second of the KreO books so he can have the little Orion Pax Kre-O that comes with it )
    check out amazon.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    check out amazon.
    They are all around the $20-$22 mark as its relatively new. Got my copy last night and it's definetly NOT worth that When I can get another one for around $5-$10 I'll pick one up

They are all around the $20-$22 mark as its relatively new. Got my copy last night and it's definetly NOT worth that When I can get another one for around $5-$10 I'll pick one up
    huh, looking at the number of pages I thought it was pretty good value, I have one in my wishlist but saving cash for botcons.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Mine's in transit from Amazon... but I'm mostly just after the Kreon, to complete the collection.
    If the book has something of use, interest, or a resource, it's a bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Mine's in transit from Amazon... but I'm mostly just after the Kreon, to complete the collection.
    If the book has something of use, interest, or a resource, it's a bonus for me.
    The book is....ok. The character descriptions are very simplistic like they were on the website which is fine. What is annoying is the mislabeling of the faction allegiances. Half of them are listed as Predacon, even the likes of G1 Autobot Inferno! Seawing from the Seacons is listed as an Autobot. Long Haul and Cheetor's alt-forms are mistransformed or turned the wrong way in their pics and Wave 5 is not in there at all! Kinda disappointing there are so many mistakes considering just how simplistic the book is.

Your earlier comments had me expecting a kiddie type of book, with few pages and even fewer details... but it was better than I was expecting, with it covering all the kreons from the first three years, and most being one per page.
    My only issue is that I doubt there will be another one, which makes this one feel like half a book.

The Pop-Up book was also a pleasant surprise. It only has about 6 double-page spreads, but each one is very impressive with 4 or 5 pop-up images... and amazes me that someone was able to design this to not only fold out, but also have each thing transform with a tab.

The red half of the kreo book is just solid cardboard for the figurine, while the rest is about 100 pages.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Your earlier comments had me expecting a kiddie type of book, with few pages and even fewer details... but it was better than I was expecting, with it covering all the kreons from the first three years, and most being one per page.
    My only issue is that I doubt there will be another one, which makes this one feel like half a book.
    Oh it's not a terrible book by any means, it just irked me that considering there is not a lot of info on each page that they still managed to get a hefty amount of mistakes in. I don't feel ripped off but if I was to buy a second so my son could have the Orion Pax figure, I certainly would not pay another $20 as the book is not good enough to warrant owning a second copy.

Tankor and Rattrap dropped into my POL.

Think I'll wait for Roadbuster to drop as well before I ship it.