Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 304045464748495051525354556070 ... LastLast

Thread: BigBadToyStore (BBTS) (America) items

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    The only reason I suspect you may be wrong that Arcee is still a while away is that they have changed the expected time to "mid-December" rather than just December. If they weren't expecting it soon, they'd likely just keep it as December and push it out another month (for the umpteenth time)
    I'm still desperately clinging to the hope of getting Arcee by Christmas (/wishful thinking)
    I was hoping that as well when I saw it changed to "mid-December", but they may have just done that to stop people bugging them about Arcee once we entered December... but didn't want to put down January and then have to deal with the nerd-rage of yet another delay.

The reason I say that is - Chromia was also changed to "mid-December" at the same time as when Arcee was changed, so BBTS were still very recently expecting cases that had both fem-bots in it... but instead got what Amazon received, which only had Chromia in it. (and when I saw that happened yesterday, I decided last night to ship my POL so it can get here by Christmas, and order Chromia separately from Amazon... leaving Arcee on pre-order at BBTS in case they end up getting it eventually)
    On this occasion, I'd be more than happy to be wrong and BBTS get it in stock in the next couple days, so that everyone else can benefit.

So unless it was a revision case that no one knew about (Entertainment Earth is usually very good with listing all case assortments and Revisions), Hasbro America seemed to have skimped out on producing many Arcee toys... which is similar to the Waspinator wave last year.
    The annoying thing is the lack of announcements when unusual things like this happen.

BBTS could benefit from having a news page on their site, updated with delays and cancelled items.

I originally pre-ordered the Chromia and Arcee pair in January 2014, initially for a May release or thereabouts (if memory serves). Can't believe they got the original release date so dramatically wrong, and moreso that they still don't have them when other retailers have, for some weeks.

I'm giving it another day, then shipping. Best guess will be shipping the next POL in April/May 2015, with the combiner wars stuff. Here's hoping!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Gave up and shipped my POL. That should guarantee that Arcee drops in the next 24 hours.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I just bought one off ebay.com.au (aus based seller) and cancelled my arcee with bbts.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I just bought one off ebay.com.au (aus based seller) and cancelled my arcee with bbts.
    Arcee just hit US retail. Hopefully BBTS will follows suit. Which seller was it?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Arcee just hit US retail. Hopefully BBTS will follows suit. Which seller was it?
    The Little Toy Co from memory. Was $30 + $9 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    First wave of combiner wars preorders, including legends Bombshell, Powerglide, Thundercracker and Windcharger retool of tailgate.
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    thanks for the heads up. I really want those legends but I'm wondering if the dollar stays as it is it will cost about $16 per legend to import as a set of 4. I can't see them being more expensive than that here. especially during a discount sale
    That's if they get released here. I've gotten into the habit of assuming that lots of figures - if they are not related to a cartoon, video game or movie - not ending up here so I just order'em. If you get a big enough POL the postage per figure goes way down.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Excellent... time to lock in some in case Amazon get picky again with shipping to us.

(ouch on the new Deluxe prices making cases an extra $20)

The RID toys are up for Pre-order as well, but just Legion and Warrior/Deluxe... with most of the single Deluxes are already pre-sold-out. I have a feeling that the glut of 2014 gimmick toys with the Movie might see BBTS not stocking any of the RID gimmick lines (in case anyone was interested in them or had youngens to buy them for).
    Amazon should stock them, or wait for them to appear here a couple months later.

Now where are those darn Arcee/Chromia toys...

Yeah, Chromia is available individually but like many others here I have the Arcee/Chromia duo ordered.

I think we will see most of the RID figures show up here (see above comment about figures that are tied to a tv show etc) so I'm gonna risk it and wait for the RID lot to show up on our shores.

I preordered all the Combiner Wars first wave and RID Warriors. Am not sure this was the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I preordered all the Combiner Wars first wave and RID Warriors. Am not sure this was the best idea.
    i'm a bit dubious about the RID stuff. I need to start saving some spending money for larger acquisitions so until I see them in person I'm not getting on board. To me they look a bit too simplistic and blocky. I do like some of the styling but for the moment I'm skipping this line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The vid review for CW Silberbolt had a pretty innovative transformation. I am very held back by his rubber antennae.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    i'm a bit dubious about the RID stuff. I need to start saving some spending money for larger acquisitions so until I see them in person I'm not getting on board. To me they look a bit too simplistic and blocky. I do like some of the styling but for the moment I'm skipping this line.
    Seems like a folly be going backwards in terms of both toy engineering and the target market for the cartoon when this is a sequel to a compelling series. So the original fanbase has grown 1-2 years older, but they're aiming the sequel at a new fanbase 3-5 years younger?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!