Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The 30 Generations toys for the 30 year anniversary - what do we know?

Not happy now...

I was one keen to collect the 30 "30th Anniversary" toys, thinking that it was just going to be Platinum figures. I was even willing to double up on the Bruticus and Predaking and just keep them in their boxes... but now SDCC Metroplex is one. How the heck are we supposed to get one of those without paying a fortune in shipping fees (and a scalper).

When I thought that the Platinum Optimus and Omega, with Magnus, were an example of the 30 being significantly different toys, I thought this was gonna be a great set to collect... now it just seems some are likely to be limited edition repacks of previously released figures. Which will give it even more of a bad taste in the mouth, because people are going to hate themselves for spending "limited edition" pricing for toys they already bought... and would choose against buying again, even at retail pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not happy now...

I was one keen to collect the 30 "30th Anniversary" toys, thinking that it was just going to be Platinum figures. I was even willing to double up on the Bruticus and Predaking and just keep them in their boxes... but now SDCC Metroplex is one. How the heck are we supposed to get one of those without paying a fortune in shipping fees (and a scalper).

When I thought that the Platinum Optimus and Omega, with Magnus, were an example of the 30 being significantly different toys, I thought this was gonna be a great set to collect... now it just seems some are likely to be limited edition repacks of previously released figures. Which will give it even more of a bad taste in the mouth, because people are going to hate themselves for spending "limited edition" pricing for toys they already bought... and would choose against buying again, even at retail pricing.
    Totally agree, and thus the reason I'm only going to grab a small handful from the 30.

2 Added by Krayt
    20 removed - turns out is not Ratbat

1: Confirmed 1 of 30 SDCC Metroplex
    2: Confirmed 2 of 30 SDCC Shockwaves Lab
    3: Confirmed 3 of 30 Platinum Edition: Ultra Magnus
    4. Confirmed 4 of 30 FOC Bruticus vs Grimlock
    7. Confirmed 7 of 30 Cybertron Con Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime
    10. Confirmed 10 of 30 G1 Predaking Reissue

I was also considering doing the whole 30/30, but after the announcement of #1, that idea went south real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Not happy now...

Ahhh, capitalism

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

yea, I've got to agree, no way am I doing all 30, since the SDCC Metroplex is number 01.

to be honest though, I never was going to, the re-done energon prime (surely it's part of the 30) was something I was never interested in.
    I don't have a Platinum Omega (also surely part of the 30) and probably won't ever find one. And I'm still not convinced I want it.

to big/expensive (shipping) and i don't like the chrome face

it's kind of nice but the deco of both shockwave and predaking are not grabbing me.

I have it, but I haven't opened it, I'm close to taking it back. I'm just not convinced when compared to the voyager.

I have the sdcc bruticus, and the super shiny Grimlock doesn't appeal at all.

7. Confirmed 7 of 30 Cybertron Con Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus PrimeI'll just stick to my voyager
    I have the last predaking issue, so I'm not interested in this.

I really do hope we get some more interesting items in this line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    too expensive

it's kind of nice but the deco of both shockwave and predaking are not grabbing me.

I have it, but I haven't opened it,

7. Confirmed 7 of 30 Cybertron Con Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus PrimeI'll just stick to my voyager

I have the last predaking issue, so I'm not interested in this.

I really do hope we get some more interesting items in this line.

I agree with all of that UM

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

5. Confirmed 5 of 30 Asia Metroplex (sounds like Asia sdcc version, not Takara)
    6. Confirmed 6 of 30 Asia Shockwave Lab
    7. Confirmed 7 of 30 Cybertron Con Beast Hunters Ultimate Optimus Prime
    8. Confirmed 8 of 30 MP Acid Storm
    9. Confirmed 9 of 30 MP Soundwave
    30.Confirmed 30 of 30 Fan Choice Windblade
    Updated top 10 and No30

I can't believe that the first 10 figures include double ups by counting the Asian release of the same toys separately! Why don't the Asian release of Metroplex or the Lab just have the same number as the Western release? Collecting a bunch of exclusives from various locations is a challenge, but having to get two slightly different exclusive versions of Metroplex? Madness.

I prefer the earlier list with the regular Generations toy. Can we make that the unofficial 30 toy list? A Hasbro list should just have Hasbro toys, shouldn't it?!

I think it's a global list shared by Hasbro and Takara, but either way I totally agree with you. out of the 30 years of transformers, you'd think they could have 30 unique exclusives.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)