Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FansProject: "Retro-Future" Glacialbots

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    They've even given the boxes fake wear and styrofoam inserts...
    Clever touch, at first I thought the boxes had just taken a bit of a beating. The "damage" to those edges and corners is very convincing!

Not really keen on the figures, but it's pretty clever that they've managed to put knee/shoulder and elbow articulation in to them. Imagine if the original scramble city combiners were reworked like this?

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Whilst these are pretty cool, there is so much official stuff thay is coming out that look fantastic that I have to decide to stick to that rather than third party stuff coz I just can't afford it all.

They look great though and would love to see the combined mode when its finished.
    You sure mate? I'd hate to see you paying double the price on these when you gotta buy them off evilbay coz you hesitated. ;P.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

These might be the coolest "3rd Party" toys I've ever seen. I'm interested, depending on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    These might be the coolest "3rd Party" toys I've ever seen. I'm interested, depending on the price.
    Agreed Quickstrike, agreed

Well Vangelus was saying he thinks they might go for $30 which would mean for us here theyd fetch around $60 '. Again this is just his speculation, as Fp didn't say anything to them about pricing anyways. They just wanted the 2 people to do a review and promote their upcoming products.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Wow, completely shocked with these I'm not completely on board with this direction, however I do like the continued theme of FP creating their own universe. That comic teaser looks amazing. What's next - third party G1 styled cartoons?

But you know what would be hilarious? If Hasbro strikes back with a team of 5 Generations Classicsverse combiners that homages back to these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    You sure mate? I'd hate to see you paying double the price on these when you gotta buy them off evilbay coz you hesitated. ;P.
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Well Vangelus was saying he thinks they might go for $30 which would mean for us here theyd fetch around $60 '. Again this is just his speculation, as Fp didn't say anything to them about pricing anyways. They just wanted the 2 people to do a review and promote their upcoming products.
    I keep getting lingering painful memories of not buying City Commander, the Aerial Team Appendage, Colossus or Protector the first times I saw them. Against better judgement, I feel that I should almost pre-order this lot even if I'm not jumping on board at first.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Okay,
    Since the burst of pics & info from TFCon2013 has come & gone, I thought I might throw these in here to keep this thread "up-to-date", so to speak :

Holy cow! It's all the reasons why I don't collect G1 but without the nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Holy cow! It's all the reasons why I don't collect G1 but without the nostalgia.
    It's totally playing on nostalgia. It's like a lost G1 toy designed to bring back lost feelings of childhood.

I've always loved the G1 Scrable City style combiners, and the thought of newly designed toys makes me squee inside. I' also love to see them create their own toyline and IP, rather than just leveraging Hasbro's. I think that if they planned it carefully, don't release too many at once to flood the market, that people would uy. I mean, how many of us can honestly say we never stuck a Gobot or Voltron lion into our transforming toy adventures?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!