Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 919242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: August Amalgamations

Platinum Edition Grimlock Vs Bruticus arrived today. Pretty cool, but no instructions, so I was a bit perplexed with some of the Combaticons. Still pretty awesome.

Armada OP & Smokecreen arrived today courtesy of Primetime. I've got a few more deliveries scheduled in the next week or so, i'll throw a photo up when they're all here

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Pretty cool, but no instructions, so I was a bit perplexed with some of the Combaticons.
    Here's some scans of the Combaticon instructions, but only for the official limb configuration. Check out some of the fan mode threads on TFW too, turning Onslaught's legs 90 degrees and tweaking the arms a little makes a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Slag View Post
    I gotta ask. What were your 2 holy grails??
    These guys. I'd been searching that site for quite a while & when I stumbled across those two, I luved them from the very first moment I laid my eyes on them. I just knew I had to get my hands on them - one day. & so the hunting began. They just never seemed to pop up on ebay. & when they eventually did pop up, the first auction went for over $800. Because I had no idea what they were worth, I kinda put that holy grail on the backburner. A few months later, another auction went up & I managed to snag it for less than half of what that first auction went for. A few years passed & I spied the second one up for auction. After a bit of a bidding duel, I thought I'd lost it but then the seller informed me that a troll had been bidding crazy prices on his auctions & by the time he'd banned the troll, I was the only genuine bidder left standing - & I won that auction for less than half of what I paid for the first one. The day I finally got my hands on that second cassette was the happiest I've ever felt as a collector.

& just incase you might like to see some proof...

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Right. Here's the rest of the packages opened from the last two days.

I ordered a lot of crap. Apparently it seemed like a good idea at the time (glares at sleeping tablets).

In this pile of stupidity and general disappointment (exaggerating, some stuff should be neat):

Transforming Collections book by Phillip Reed. I wasn't planning on getting this, but decided I'd rather spend the money and shelve it with my reference books than not get it.

MP13 Soundwave coin.

Hasbro G1 Sideswipe reissue - It was cheap. I still regret this, as I already have more than one of this figure. Headed for the sale section, methinks.

Kre-O Microchangers - Acid Wing and Vehicon. FINALLY completed my wave 2 set. FINALLY.

Construct-Bots Ironhide - an extra to put on my computer desk.

Cap-Bots Red And Blue Guy - don't even know if it's actually Optimus. Again, it was cheap, and it's something different.

Gears Of War Upgrade Set - I bought this solely for the shoulder launchers for Mirage, Sideswipe, and Red Alert. If anyone wants the other parts, like a ladder for Inferno, an ?Auto-Scout? and whatever else is in here, LMK and I'll give a really good deal to get rid of it.

I stocked up on WSTF's to eventually bulk out my Metroplex display. I got: Hot Rod - he's real, I believe

The rest are HeroesToys ones - G2 Starscream
    G2 Ramjet
    Sunstorm
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    Dirge
    G1 Ramjet
    Sideswipe
    Launcher and gun for Red Alert
    Deep Cover
    Tiger Track
    Assemble-Yourself kits of a clear red and a clear black Bumblebee. Should be a bit of fun to mix and match.

And to top it off, Marvel Legends Jean Grey. Just because I've waited over 10 years for that costume to be done in Marvel Legends, damnit.

*Yes, I kinda screwed up by buying a heap of Seekers when my goal was to display them with Metroplex. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Cap-Bots Red And Blue Guy - don't even know if it's actually Optimus. Again, it was cheap, and it's something different.
    Captimus Prime. His hands are compatible with any 5mm post weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That there is a cool acquisition accompanied by a very cool acquisition story.
    thanks for the read Cat, and kudos to TinyJazz.
    100% Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    The wackier and more different the colours are to the real toy, the more they tend to go for.
    That sums up very well how I feel about these two prototype FOC Starscreams in Red and in Green/Blue, despite not liking the original mould very much

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Wow Cat. that's a lot of WSts! I myself am still after a WST thundercracker coz the chase figure official one is just plain highway robbery priced these days...where did you get yours? ebay or direct from his site?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Wow Cat. that's a lot of WSts! I myself am still after a WST thundercracker coz the chase figure official one is just plain highway robbery priced these days...where did you get yours? ebay or direct from his site?
    Directly from his site.

Very reasonably priced, shipping was fast and well-packed.

Just be careful: you'll go away with a lot more than you'd planned on buying! Especially if you're a sucker for Seekers: there are 2 packs that are a great deal and contain corkers like G2 Ramjet, G2 Starscream, and of course Sunstorm.

If you're looking to add Skywarp too, note there's two different versions of him, so pick your favourite look.

The whole experience buying directly from him was pleasant, and the experience surpassed my expectations.

They through in some free sheets of Bot and Con logos of assorted sizes. Nice as a freebie, and they're large sheets so you get a lot of stickers. The quality isn't up to the standard of Reprolabels, but it's certainly a gesture that's appreciated.