Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Platinum Predaking now shipping from Amazon

No evidence eh?
    If you get a good parcel next time, at least you know what to do to get a good deal for real

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    No evidence eh?
    If you get a good parcel next time, at least you know what to do to get a good deal for real
    The Amazon customer service person at the other end of the chat line put me on hold for more than a few minutes at the get-go before offering a full replacement or refund. I like to imagine she spent those good few minutes sifting through a sea of similar complaints from other angry customers who bought this item.

well it's a resolution of sorts and will be entered in their system as an unneccesary expense.

Now all you have to worry about is enjoying your new predaking.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Mine arrived on saturday...

Now to see if I can send it back for a replacement.

While the item remains suspended (under review - likely due to the complaints and refunds), they can't issue a replacement... so I have to get back to them when Predaking is available for ordering again.
    As long as the item remains unopened, I have until October 10th to request a replacement.

After a bit of nagging, they issued a return authorisation.
    Unfortunately, since it is likely a different address, the post office is not likely to allow me to 'return to sender' for free. (the original address label is covered up by an Australia Post shipping label, so unless their tracking computer has Amazon's address, they won't know where to return it to)

So either way I'm out, as I'm likely to be paying a lot in shipping (it is heavy), and since I want the packaging, the other option is buying another one and selling this one at a loss.

That's Amazon for you!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    So either way I'm out, as I'm likely to be paying a lot in shipping (it is heavy), and since I want the packaging, the other option is buying another one and selling this one at a loss.
    That be so annoying ! you could also get a discount on it from them instead couldn't you ?. so at least you wouldn't be selling it at a loss ..

If I send it back for a replacement, and have to pay postage (because it might not be going back to the exact location that sent it, so might not qualify for return-to-sender), it will cost me a minimum of $62.35.
    (just goes to show how good Amazon shipping is)

I might look at getting the partial credit instead, and just see if I can sell this one for at least the difference... And see if I can remove the labels without damaging the box too much.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If I send it back for a replacement, and have to pay postage (because it might not be going back to the exact location that sent it, so might not qualify for return-to-sender), it will cost me a minimum of $62.35.
    (just goes to show how good Amazon shipping is)

I might look at getting the partial credit instead, and just see if I can sell this one for at least the difference... And see if I can remove the labels without damaging the box too much.
    I'd be interested

posted in the other amazon link thought it disappeared.
    http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.p...&postcount=118