Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bushfires in NSW

Default Bushfires in NSW

Are any fellow members here in NSW? If so, our prayers are with you, your friends and families. Stay safe!

From what I last heard, an army exercise involving explosives may be to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    From what I last heard, an army exercise involving explosives may be to blame.
    Only for the State Mine one. There are currently about 83 fires burning across NSW
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Thankfully we are still safe. It was the fires in 2009 when we got evacuated from our house. It's quite a scary experience. I feel for everyone in the situation.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Sadly the cooler, less windy days have passed and the next few days look to be perfect fire weather, hot strong north westerly winds and near 40 degree heat. I feel for the people in Doyalson no did Springwood who have to deal with more delve station in their areas.

The fireies are absolute champions, I know it is their job but they do an amazing job, as do the volunteers. If only the media could stay away with all their "human interest" stories that purely want people to cry on national television.

Also I have been flabbergasted twice over the past 5 days where idiots have flick lit cigarette butts out their car windows. Gave one a spray as I drove past and the other turned off before I had a chance to. Really wanted to ram them off the road. Both were young people, but being young does not excuse their idiocy. Maybe if people who lit fires were set on fire, we would have fewer fires to begin with.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

My thoughts go out to anyone impacted by these terrible events. Here's hoping the conditions ease up soon.

I'm about 30 mins away from the worst of it and we're getting covered in ash and smoke. I can only imagine what it's like closer to the front.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Also I have been flabbergasted twice over the past 5 days where idiots have flick lit cigarette butts out their car windows.
    Seen this myself. All have been female drivers. The level of stupidity shown astounds me
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My thoughts go out to anyone impacted by these terrible events. Here's hoping the conditions ease up soon.

I'm about 30 mins away from the worst of it and we're getting covered in ash and smoke. I can only imagine what it's like closer to the front.

Seen this myself. All have been female drivers. The level of stupidity shown astounds me
    I'm less than 10km from the springwood one but no ash here and only morning smoke

AFAIK kuzzy is the closest to the fires. He's fine.

Indeed, has certainly been hectic & my thoughts go out to those throughout NSW who've been directly or in-directly affected...

Especially one our members, Reflector, whose been quiet round the boards for a while but he & his young family live in Lithgow, so if you can see this mate I hope you're all safe!

The closest fires to myself have been on the Southern Highland & Wilton fronts; here's the view that greeted me from my verandah on Thursday:

The setting reminder of Friday:

The midday vanishing escarpment, Yesterday:

...and Yesterday's hellish breeze of the afternoon:

A work colleague lost his home to the fires last week. He literally only has the clothes on his back.

A fellow colleague gave him a change of clothes, and some of us pooled together our money for him - but it wasn't nearly enough.

We will probably be able to find out more of what he needs (I am thinking the basic necessities at this stage) over the coming week...