Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: November Nummies

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    From eBay, my first Beast Wars merchandise - superdeformed Megastorm kit. It can convert between tank and robot modes via parts-forming.

*snip*
    ^^That is awesome! - You'll have to let us know how you go with it as I'd be curious to pick up a set myself!

My acquisition arrived yesterday and is something I've wanted since I first laid eyes upon it, WAY back in Year 2 as an 8y/o...

Courtesy of an eBay AU win last Friday, I now finally own Euro G1 Clench/G2 Colossus!

The seller wasn't terribly communicative (Literally "Will post Monday" is all I've received ) and the figure was thoroughly dusty along with a strong, soaked-in scent of nicotine!
    So I took to him with a thorough scrubbing, using a couple of baby-wipes , which has brought him up a treat whilst smelling slightly sweet.

Unfortunately he's missing all of his missiles, but I couldn't care less as I finally have this tough-bastard of a Decepticon after two decades!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    My acquisition arrived yesterday and is something I've wanted since I first laid eyes upon it, WAY back in Year 2 as an 8y/o...

Courtesy of an eBay AU win last Friday, I now finally own Euro G1 Clench/G2 Colossus!
    Unfortunately he's missing all of his missiles, but I couldn't care less as I finally have this tough-bastard of a Decepticon after two decades!
    Fantastic figure isn't he, I got so lucky with him myself. Picked him up for $1 or 2 dollars going back about 12~ months. Sadly the stickers on him are ruined and he has no missiles. But still, an awesome figure at that

Quote Originally Posted by jamestan14 View Post
    also got myself BH shockwave . love this figure.
    I think you convinced me with that one picture that I need to get him. He does look awesome
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    The seller wasn't terribly communicative (Literally "Will post Monday" is all I've received ) and the figure was thoroughly dusty along with a strong, soaked-in scent of nicotine!
    So I took to him with a thorough scrubbing, using a couple of baby-wipes , which has brought him up a treat whilst smelling slightly sweet.
    That's just gross. One might argue that a toy that stinks of something like nicotine could be considered a form of damage to that toy and that a seller ought to inform potential buyers if it's like that. Personally if this happened to me I'd contact the seller and seek some form of recompense, or at very least have the seller feedback reflect the fact that you were sold a stinky toy where that wasn't in the item description.

Tips for removing smoke smell

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Fantastic figure isn't he, I got so lucky with him myself. Picked him up for $1 or 2 dollars going back about 12~ months. Sadly the stickers on him are ruined and he has no missiles. But still, an awesome figure at that
    Bloody oath he is!
    Damn right you were lucky man , I paid $28.95 for this bloke but to me he's worth every last cent.

The missiles seem rather hard to track down (At least via eBay as a means) and it's also really disappointing that Reprolabels doesn't have/stock Generation 2 reproduction sets , as I too would love to replace a couple of the stickers on mine but I guess we'll just have to wait and see eh?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's just gross. One might argue that a toy that stinks of something like nicotine could be considered a form of damage to that toy and that a seller ought to inform potential buyers if it's like that. Personally if this happened to me I'd contact the seller and seek some form of recompense, or at very least have the seller feedback reflect the fact that you were sold a stinky toy where that wasn't in the item description.

Tips for removing smoke smell
    That's a great guide there Goki ; I'd be extremely apprehensive about putting Bleach or Vinegar near my figures though, but there are many other tips for toys & other items that make good sense.

Honestly, as a former smoker myself I could never & still can't fathom why one would smoke around your toys... or even in your house for that matter! but everyone is different I guess.

I just feel a tad hypocritical coming down on smokers for this sort of thing is all, even though it is a right pain in the ass and it would've been nice to of had this aspect disclosed in the listing, but when they leave you such amazingly descriptive feedback as: "V Good" - you tend not to expect much beyond the item simply arriving.
    (For the record, this was my feedback to the seller: "Adequate but Slow Communication, Swiftly and Safely Sent, would Recommend" )

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I think you convinced me with that one picture that I need to get him. He does look awesome
    i skipped him at first but like you, pictures sold me :P.

if you can't find him in stores here, hit up amazon, you can get him for $33usd shipped!

Thanks for the tip jamestan14
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Congrats on the clench, awesome toy

Received today TFCC Ultra Mammoth.

My G1 hunt continues!!!