Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Chocolate Monopoly Game

On Thursday night at Chatswood David Jones:

I could never play it using the included chocolate.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

That would have to be one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen for Transformers. And unexpected too, as I don't recall hearing about it on any of the global fansites before.

I wonder who thought it was a good idea to mix a boardgame with sticky chocolate and kids...

Damn! I thought that was the real Transformers monopoly game.

I've seen themed Monopoly chocolate games in the past. it's fairly smll the box is only about 20cm square.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Thanks, UM
    Hasbro, i am very dissappoint.

I picked one up today to take some photos of it... and "sample" the contents.

The size is indeed small, but that's because it isn't a proper board game. It is just a short-lived novelty item.
    The rules almost sound like a drinking game... which one could probably turn it into if they ate all the chocolate from the first time playing the game.

Classicverse Starscream next to it for scale.

It is made in the Netherlands, and imported exclusively by David Jones (at least, the ones in their store were sourced by them and not a separate
    importer who sells onto retailers).
    As such, this is probably why I hadn't heard about it on the (American) Global fansites, as it is relatively new, and is made in a small European
    country that isn't using any major distribution or retail channels.

Inside is the game sheet...

It looks to be the same as the original Transformers Monopoly gameboard, but has what I assume is the Dutch currency unit on it. (not that it
    matters, because this game version doesn't have money to play it)

The only game pieces are chocolate squares wrapped up to look like property cards.
    This is what you are playing for, and the spinner in the middle takes the place of a dice - you spin and place the corresponding chocolate colour
    onto the board. When all colour blocks are on the board, the next person to spin that colour can eat all those blocks. Same with the four spaceships
    (trainstations). The Autobot and Decepticon symbols (the Utilities in the original Monopoly game) go into the centre of the board if you spin them,
    and if someone spins the "free parking" logo, they get to eat any of those allegiance blocks in the centre of the board.
    The board sheet is relatively redundant... as you can just play the game with just the spinner and the chocolate blocks. You don't use tokens to
    run around the board.
    As I said above, once you play it once and eat all the chocolate squares, there's not much point to playing it again. (and probably not possible to
    salvage a game from the remains either)
    It's best to use the "game board" as a poster, and the box for display somewhere, after you eat/play the game.

The back of the box, with the game pieces and spinner.

The chocolate is boasted as being "finest Belgian Chocolate", but I didn't think it was anything special.
    It is $18 at David Jones, in their food/confectionery section.
    Mine says best before January 1st 2015... but that's just on the David Jones label (as a legal requirement for food in Australia I think). I couldn't
    see anything on the box itself, so it could just be a made up date, and these could have been produced ages ago for all we know.

Eh... I'll just stick w/ my full version Transformers Monopoly set.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Eh... I'll just stick w/ my full version Transformers Monopoly set.
    Was thinking the same but for $18 I figure if I walk past one then maybe ha ha

This does look pretty cool and I'm curious as to what TF chocies taste like ( that sounds like an excuse to eat chocolate, mainly cos it is ).

The copyright paragraph on the back looks like it has 2013 - if it does these would be pretty recent I'd think/hope.

Yes, copyright 2013... so at least it isn't too old.
    I'll have to see if it has been mentioned on the global fansites before.