Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Toys FT-04 Scoria (Slag)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm in on this... but god dammit - Give Me SLUDGE!
    (*Edited: coz I apparently can't remember names )
    Last edited by Hursticon; 16th November 2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Was thinking Sludge but wrote Slag... >_<

Yet another Interesting 3rd Party development, I wonder how well they will colour match with MP Grimlock.

Megatran Guest

Shipping weight of 1.05 lbs according to BBTS. It's a little light for its size isn't it? Based on that, wouldn't appear to have much die cast. As a comparison, MP Grimlock is over 3 lbs shipping weight, again quoting BBTS.

You're right. His hood height is more accurate to his toy & cartoon appearances. Irrational fans? Never...

Thats a very nice looking rendition. I like the fact that they've included a light up energo sword, but no electron blaster?

Looks really cool, but I wish he'd have a little less molded detail and more of that flat, matte look that MPs have that really envokes the simplicity of the models.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Looks really cool, but I wish he'd have a little less molded detail and more of that flat, matte look that MPs have that really envokes the simplicity of the models.
    To me it's just a as detailed as MP Grimlock and not much more than G1.

Looks dope, but I'm a bit hesitant about some of these 3rd party quasi-MP's as any eventual Takara offering would make them redundant (to me). I would speculate that we will eventually see a full set of official MP Dinobots, it just might take another 5 years or so.

He look so good ...i like to see his alt form as well... but looks like a buy from me already..!

Quote Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
    Looks dope, but I'm a bit hesitant about some of these 3rd party quasi-MP's as any eventual Takara offering would make them redundant (to me). I would speculate that we will eventually see a full set of official MP Dinobots, it just might take another 5 years or so.
    I agree with this sentiment. Though, these are very tempting, I would love more dinobots next to grimlock and always wanted a new bigger and improved Jetfire.

Pass for me, I'm good with my Animated Snarl Slag. I'd like an MP-sized Sludge, but the price tag for these guys is a bit off-putting for me. I get why they are as costly as they will be, but still...

I'm glad someone's doing MP-esque (pseudo-)Dinobots though.