Page 100 of 154 FirstFirst ... 80909596979899100101102103104105110120 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1531

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

That is one jaw-droppingly great collection you've amassed, Colin78, so many incredibly sets you've accumulated!

That Lay-By of yours contains some pretty damn cool sets, too, Zippo!

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    So. I love the Agents sets and these 3rd generation ones are impressive.

The highlight is definitely the Infearno's Interception set (70162) with the best vehicle ever designed by Lego. To top it off Infearno himself is the best looking villain. The truck s great but I give the edge to the original Agents Truck from 2010, but it's sturdy and has some excellent gimmicks.

The Hurricane Heist set is massive as you can see. I was very surprised. It may look awkward as a mech but think of it as a backpack.

The smallest kit is actually feature packed. Paws very surprised at what they did in such a small set.

The most disappointing is Toxikita's Heli set. The lab was ok but am not a fan of "facades" i'd rather something solid or whole like a vehicle. Might rebuild it into one. Toxikita is a disappointing minifig especially being a main villain. The Heli is ok but composed of large bits to make up for lack of parts.

Can't wait to see the next wave in 2015.
    Nice! Thanks for the review Stompy. I'm also interested in these just for the parts. They're a nice blend of space and city themes. The Infearno could very well give the UCS Tumbler a run for it's money.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Did you get the agents sets online or in store? I've bent waiting for them to be released

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Did you get the agents sets online or in store? I've bent waiting for them to be released
    In-store. Big W appears to be the first to get them in. So check your local.

In-store. Big W appears to be the first to get them in. So check your local.
    Epic!!! Thanks Stompy! What were the prices like? Really wanna get the truck and the bladerunner-like car

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Epic!!! Thanks Stompy! What were the prices like? Really wanna get the truck and the bladerunner-like car
    A bit better priced than the licensed stuff. Big W prices (RRP in brackets):

Ultra Agent Headquarters (Truck) - $125 ($140)
    Hurricane Heist - $88 ($90)
    Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown - $48 ($60)
    Infearno Interception (car) - $35 ($40)
    Tremor Track Infiltration - $25 ($30)
    Riverside Raid - $15 ($16)

Cheers!

A bit better priced than the licensed stuff. Big W prices (RRP in brackets):

Ultra Agent Headquarters (Truck) - $125 ($140)
    Hurricane Heist - $88 ($90)
    Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown - $48 ($60)
    Infearno Interception (car) - $35 ($40)
    Tremor Track Infiltration - $25 ($30)
    Riverside Raid - $15 ($16)
    Wow, we are paying through the nose here in New Zealand
    $200 for the truck over here!!
    $120
    $70
    $50
    $40
    $20

Australia is roughly 20% cheaper after the exchange rate and that is before any sales. Grumble, grumble

today for Daddees day i got the 3 GotG sets.....Awesome stuff, now just to find Star-Lord that the Sharkticon has run off with!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Got the three GotG sets a while back, finished making them while watching the Knights and Panthers finish the regular season brilliantly!

Sadly the Middle set is crudtacular, only worth it due to coming with Groot and Rocket, the big Milano set is bulky (too wide for kids to easily swoosh around, but looks alright, the build was nowhere near as interesting as I thought it would be. Only the small set was worth the price (and I got them from Amazon, so about 30% cheaper than AU RRP).

Very disappointing, as the only other lego sets that I have felt were as weak as these were most of the Hobbit sets (only Bag End, Finding the Ring, Mirkwood Army and maybe lake Town sets were decent, the Dol Guldur and Mirkwood spiders were pathetic).

Hoping that the Agents and second wave of movie sets can make up for the overall disappointment of the GotG sets.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)