Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Hunter TV Show

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Just watched the episode - surprised he sold the Soundwave for only $20 and that Jordan thought he could only get $40. I know he's a fairly common toy but he did have both guns and Buzzsaw - if it was an original 84 figure and not a reissue I'd think he could get more than that.
    I was surprised by that too, I thought the soundwave was in very good condition, and I was very surprised that a collector and obvious fan would be willing to part with it for any money.

Same for the Mattell designers this week, the mask toy that was the last one he had and one that he helped design. Must be desperate for space or cash.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I was surprised by that too, I thought the soundwave was in very good condition, and I was very surprised that a collector and obvious fan would be willing to part with it for any money.
    Makes you wonder if sometimes people just do it for the TV sake of things. Even if it was worth that, I still don't think I could part with it for that sort of money. I'd rather just hand it off to a friend in need of one for free

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Tonight's episode is Prehistoric Pensylvannia, which is the fifth episode of the first season. (if you miss it tonight, most weeks have it repeated the following afternoon)

20/1 - S1 ep2 (Rise From Ashland) (with Transformers)
    27/1 - S1 ep7 (It's Chiller Time)
    03/2 - S1 ep1 (Jersey Shore)
    10/2 - S1 ep6 (Mississippi Menace) (with Transformers)
    17/2 - S1 ep5 (Prehistoric Pensylvannia)

The Jump in Website still has the first four episodes up, but the first one (with Bumblejumper, Lucky Draw Rodimus, and BotCon Pete's collection) comes down later today.
    Tonight's episode is another out of order episode...
    Ep3 Texas Toy Step

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    they probably never show like the disappointment and junk furniture they find in 80% of the storages. When they hit a jackpot they probably have to squeeze every cents from it. I think a lot of people would probably think its easy money, but I think its not.
    But it makes him look like a douche all of the time instead of part of the time..
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Unfortunately the show comes on during our bubs bedtime routine. Now I just wait to see if someone mentions an ep had TF's on it and if so I watch it online

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Unfortunately the show comes on during our bubs bedtime routine. Now I just wait to see if someone mentions an ep had TF's on it and if so I watch it online
    Griffin's post has the link. But I think I watched it on their app.

They repeat it twice most weeks too - later that night, and the next afternoon.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I've recorded it but i'll only be watching out of curiosity. I've read and heard a lot of bad press about the show.
    Did you watch Toy Hunter this afternoon because there was this guy that had a massive collection of Transformers over 1500 TFs including I think a G-1 Soundwave, which the host bought.

So I assume this show is a bit of a niche and not rating

Couldn't find it the other day in usual timeslot.....found it late Sunday arvo

It's a shame because it's a must watch for me but must not be capturing mainstream interest or attention.

On today at 2pm. Did see an episode yesterday.