Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KOs worth it?

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default KOs worth it?

I have just received my MISB Commemorative G1 Silverstreak from the States. Looks great with the other cars. This now leaves me with a quandary. I have over the last 5 years been hunting down all the reissues of 1984 and 1985 Transformers as MISB items to complement my existing transformers I had as a child. Silverstreak was the last of transformers I needed with the exception of the following:

All 5 Dinobots

Wheeljack
    Mirage
    Sunstreaker

Huffer
    Windcharger
    Cosmos
    Gears

Now I have enjoyed the fact that every transformer I have owned has been new in the box to me, I am not looking for second hand versions and do display my Transformers.

I believe I can get the remaining minibots in one swoop via a commemorative reissue package that I have been keeping an eye out for even though its like unicorn poo but with the Dinobots and the three remaining 1984 cars my reading tells me that the molds are lost and you wont ever be able to buy these as reissues.

So I have two choices.

1. I commit the unthinkable and buy KO versions of the Dinobots and the cars

or

2. Pray to God/ Allah/ Buddha / Ganesh that these Transformers are reissued

Obviously the second choice is unlikely, so is it worth buying the KOs do you think? Are they any good? Or should I cut here and just be happy with what I have?

Thanks

They're KO's. They're crap. Nothing beats the originals.

The cars & Dinobots, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Grimlock, Sludge & Snarl were all reissued in the 90's as Classics -these gold boxes haven't KO'd. That's what i'd be keeping an eye out for
    Apart from a mailaway, Mirage was never reissued.

As for the Minibots; You're right. With the exception of Windcharger, the others can all be found in the TFC #12. IIRC, the last time Windcharger was reissued was in 2003 as a keychain by Fun4All -that's my G1 version. I just took the chain off.

With the new movie coming out and the storyline centered on at least 5 of the characters in your list, there is a slight chance they may see an official release. The same happened with Devastator after ROTF. Many believed that Takara wouldn't go there because he had already been KO'd several times over, but never say never. I have my fingers crossed for you.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

They're KO's. They're crap. Nothing beats the originals.

The cars & Dinobots, Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Grimlock, Sludge & Snarl were all reissued in the 90's as Classics -these gold boxes haven't KO'd. That's what i'd be keeping an eye out for
    Apart from a mailaway, Mirage was never reissued.

As for the Minibots; You're right. With the exception of Windcharger, the others can all be found in the TFC #12. IIRC, the last time Windcharger was reissued was in 2003 as a keychain by Fun4All -that's my G1 version. I just took the chain off.
    I actually have the Classics Jazz that I bought in the 90s (plus the recent encore) but I know that MISB versions of even these will be well out of my price range!

Thanks for the tip on the Keychain version of Windcharger, I will look for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    With the new movie coming out and the storyline centered on at least 5 of the characters in your list, there is a slight chance they may see an official release. The same happened with Devastator after ROTF. Many believed that Takara wouldn't go there because he had already been KO'd several times over, but never say never. I have my fingers crossed for you.
    That's a very good point! Something to consider actually. Thanks also for the the kind thoughts!

B> Pray to Primus that they're reissued. And if they're not, you can still maintain your pride and honour as a collector that you don't own KOs. That's something you can't put a monetary value on.

Alternatively you could buy loose G1 versions as "placeholders" and sell them off in the unlikely event that they are ever reissued (or you happen to find original G1s MISB that you can verify as being legit)

KOs suck. Hard pressed to find a KO supporter here. Don't support them
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    KOs suck. Hard pressed to find a KO supporter here. Don't support them
    Ditto.

Get loose vintage. Cheap (mostly) and classic. Cant go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hard pressed to find a KO supporter here.
    'Cos people here have standards.