Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TF4 First Edition Optimus figure for February (Amazon excl)

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    beautiful packaging indeed.

Is this the first time ever of a Hasbro package having an 8+ age rating?
    That's a very astute observation, a very high age rating for a Transformers toy. maybe the result of feedback from the ROTF line.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I don't understand why people are saying this figure is meh. To me it looks like a pretty solid reinterpretation of movie Prime. It has decent articulation and sculpting, and I like the fact that the accessories are a sword and shield rather than just moar gunz!!!!!11!! Is it just the backpack people can't stand, or is there some other element of the toy that's turning everyone off that I'm missing?
    The pictures I've seen of it out of packet look very much like the silouette is a rectangle, there is a lot of backpack, and it's not just on the back it goes right down the legs and the arms are restricted by it as well. It looks to me like there will be kibble in the way of everything.

I guess I'm getting used to more recent transformers designs where the robot is streamlined and articulate. Where the silouette is recognizable.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

If the regular version really does have metallic paint like the prototype we saw last year I think that is a better deco. This guy is not like Battle Mode Prime or Buster Prime with a Premium paint job and chrome, he's just chromed and a budget paint job.

EDIT: I just realised that there are two Leader Class Optimus toys. This First Edition and this one that was revealed last year. I'm getting the one they showed off last year.

There are so many different Movie 4 Prime pics kicking around, I'll defer judgment till I see the real thing. I saw the "Smash and change" movie Prime a week ago and figured that was the future of Hasbro Transformers, but this guy look like Hasbro actually spent a little time on him. I'm kinda over movie Prime toys as is, and feel they peaked during the ROTF era, but this guy does not appear to be horrible. probably wont be buying him though.

But yeah great packaging

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    EDIT: I just realised that there are two Leader Class Optimus toys. This First Edition and this one that was revealed last year. I'm getting the one they showed off last year.
    HMM, you might be right, it was the one you linked to that I was talking about, look how much truck there is on the back of the legs.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I am going to be very selective with what I buy from AoE toyline.

I will try to get the main movie cast (if they release them Dino anyone?)

I won't be collecting any of the 'simplified' figures.

I emailed ToysRUs Australia on Friday to see if they have this specific toy in their system (to see if it was a general release item or an exclusive to the), and this was their reply on Saturday...

Thank you for your email.

At the moment our system doesn't indicate we will be stocking the range of products from the Transformers 4 Movie. We may decide to stock it later in the year, however at this stage we unsure of if or when, or any specific details.
    That's really a bit of a non-answer, as I know that they would be ordering their TF4 stuff at Toyfair in March, so the "main line" won't be in their system yet. But since it is unlikely that the one-off First Edition figure is classed as part of the "main line", their answer may or may not also refer to the First Edition Optimus being in their system at all.
    I also emailed Hasbro, to see if it is coming here, and if it could be exclusive to a specific store.... but no reply yet.

The main line should be in their systems. The Customer Service rep which i spoke in regards to the YoTH OP listed quite a few movie items & prices. He did say TFM4, which is why its stuck with me

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

The main line should be in their systems. The Customer Service rep which i spoke in regards to the YoTH OP listed quite a few movie items & prices. He did say TFM4, which is why its stuck with me
    Same prices as usual?

Movies Figs is something i have an issue with, either to complex or in this case to simple. I get why they did it, i have gripes with DOtM Sentinel Prime leader class that i have never been able to transform with out breaking a new piece off..

But this for $60.. its taking it a bit far i think...

UltraMac says Noooo

The figure screams SPARTAAAAA ... or more correctly .... METAL SPARTAAA