Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Fair 2014: First pic of deluxe Windblade toy (& Jetfire)

MP Soundwave as a key product for 2014?
    I boggles the mind how they can confuse a T-Rex with a blue robot

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    MP Soundwave as a key product for 2014?
    I boggles the mind how they can confuse a T-Rex with a blue robot
    It is probably there as a sample/representation of "Generations Masterpiece" that slide, and at the time they did up that slide, they probably didn't have on hand the MP Grimlock box to photograph.

That thought did cross my mind, but I assumed that they would have something simple like box art finalized before the design & manufacture of two new toys. It's not like they got together yesterday and said "Hey guys, I've got a great idea: They've just reissued MP08, why don't we reissue Grimlock?!?!" This would've been in the pipeline for a while now. They messed it up, that's my gut feeling

So a Hasbro press release from Toyfair reconfirms that Windblade is the 30 of 30 figure. I'm guessing the store that said she is coming out in wave 4 made up her being part of the wave just like they made up the crappy photoshops of Jhiaxus and Nightbeat.

My assumption has always been that she will be in the regular deluxe wave release, then they'll release a specially packaged (maybe different paint of some sort) version as an exclusive/premium item with the number on it. The same way there's special releases of Metroplex, Shockwave etc so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    So a Hasbro press release from Toyfair reconfirms that Windblade is the 30 of 30 figure. I'm guessing the store that said she is coming out in wave 4 made up her being part of the wave just like they made up the crappy photoshops of Jhiaxus and Nightbeat.
    The Hasbro display at Toyfair has her with Jhiaxus and the other regular Generations, for a regular release within the next few months.

Also, it was in the Hasbro press release, which only lists toys in the next two waves...

TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 30TH ANNIVERSARY DELUXE Assortment
    (Ages: 5 & up /Approx. Retail Price: $14.99/Available: January 2014)
    The TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE Assortment features characters and designs from throughout the 30-year history of the TRANSFORMERS brand, each including a special edition comic book from IDW Publishing featuring that character! Characters available in 2014 include RATTRAP, ARCEE, NIGHTBEAT and the “Fan Built Bot” WINDBLADE, a new character who was designed with the help of TRANSFORMERS fans around the world! Each sold separately.
    It might be unlikely, but this figure could still end up being in the regular retail assortment with the "30 of 30" sticker on it - just short-packed to be more "limited" than other regular Deluxe Generations. (as the press release says "limited edition" and we've seen how limited some short-packed retail figures can end up being)
    But I'm wondering if there might be another one coming later in the year (so that they don't jump ahead with the "30" numbers), which would make more sense as a premium figure or even a larger scale.

But where are they going to be putting the other 19 "30th Anniversary" toys I wonder. More of them on store exclusives this year perhaps. Maybe one on the BotCon boxset even?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Jetfire looks great. Windblade actually looks better than I expected, a lot closer to the comic art than I thought she would be.
    She does look good, the one pic I've seen of her vehicle mode is interesting, I can't wait to see it in person. somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Yeah but they are trying Jetfire again and not making much improvement, I'd rather they try Omega Supreme, Scorponok or Overlord myself.
    totally agree, I didn't love the previous classics jetfire, but it was OK, I too would prefer a leader/titan class Omega/scorponok/Overlord or trypticon.

I can see a special paintjob fancy box Windblade being an SDCC exclusive for sure. That's where metroplex was.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Totally agree, I didn't love the previous classics jetfire, but it was OK, I too would prefer a leader/titan class Omega/scorponok/Overlord or trypticon.
    i could see a new Titan size city former in 2015. I think metroplex has done well enough for them to try again.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    i could see a new Titan size city former in 2015. I think metroplex has done well enough for them to try again.
    Agreed. I would love a titan Tyrpticon

We should atleast get a Metroplex repaint/retool.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Agreed. I would love a titan Tyrpticon

We should atleast get a Metroplex repaint/retool.
    As long as it's not a Trypticon repaint of Metroplex