Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-20 Wheeljack images and info

Another beautiful image comparing Wheeljack in robot mode to the other MP cars.

Man, Takara is killing me, I can't wait until August to get my hands on Wheeljack.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

now all you have to do is to see a bumble bee silhouette

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Man, Takara is killing me, I can't wait until August to get my hands on Wheeljack.
    I hear ya

They sure know how to hit us where it hurts. Love this line and what it represents to a collector like me

How awesome does this look!! YEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iriorne View Post
    Personally, I'm not sure the market in Australia is big enough to make a living exclusively selling transformers. For a small retailer, and especially if you want to sell the expensive third party items, the risk of unsold inventory is too high and could be crippling if you make a bad call on which products to stock. Also meeting obligations under Australian Consumer Law as well as import duties and GST could add significantly to your overheads. Not to mention that Australian domestic postage is relatively expensive so it could cost as much or more to send something around the country as it does to ship from Asia.

I could be completely wrong, but that's my 'gut feel'.
    Sadly I think you're entirely correct.

In other news, I'm excited about this Wheeljack, hopefully bumblebee starts to get publicised soon.

I've preordered Wheeljack with G2 Sideswipe, I just love that Lambo in Black.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by koolkollectibleskhai View Post
    How awesome does this look!! YEAH!!!

Sure does
    Reminds me of Wheeljack being immobilized, standing among the other four like that

Another one from Hasui!

Firing launcher? Google translate ...

Magnet gun of the right shoulder of the MP-20 foil Jack is supposed to be able to give them some elevation, pulling out the missile part. It is a gimmick that can be used to reproduce such as Episode 15 of "The Rise of Atlantis!"

(giving Wheeljack its own topic from the joint one with Bumblebee, as more individual info is being released on just Wheeljack now)

One of the TakaraTomy designers (Shogo Hasui) has revealed some info on the upcoming Wheeljack, and the licensing of the Masterpiece line, translated from a Japanese blog posting.

- MP Wheeljack's colour scheme in vehicle mode is close to the real car, but he tried to make the robot mode's colours as close to the cartoon as possible.
    - WJ's shoulder cannon can be attached to the car roof.
    - WJ's Wings on the back do not require detaching when transforming.
    - Thanks to Tomica (Tomy's Hot Wheels size, real vehicle base toy car series) it has become much easier to negotiate with car manufacturers. (I assume easier than when dealing with them as Takara, since Tomy has long-established connections thanks to Tomica)
    - The sales of MP Lambor to Streak were excellent, and as a result, Smokescreen could have additional parts, and Wheeljack could be developed without considering re-purposing the mould.
    - The first 3 real vehicle MPs were meant to be "Super Cars".

its nice they could budget for wheeljack without difficulty but if they don't do the malboor wheeljack that'd be crazy.

but i feel that its highly likely with tigertracks & g2 sideswipe out and the 'blue' bluestreak on the way.