Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TF4 "Then & Now" sets coming to ToysRUs

G1 colours on Energon Grimlock is like putting lipstick on a pig.

An image of the Optimus 2-pack has apparently been found at an American ToysRUs, showing the Voyager Movie Optimus (in brighter, cartoon colours) for the "Now" figure, with what looks like the JP Hybrid Optimus for the "Then" figure.
    If that is true, that is an unusual choice, but might appeal to those who never bought the THS (Transformers Hybrid Style) Optimus yet. It might justify the price of the set ($90 here - which is the equivalent of 2 Voyagers), but the THS Optimus is about the size of a CMDR class figure. It was really expensive because of the Diecast and all the detailing and accessories it came with. (so I don't think it will have anything other than the gun in this release, for that price-point)

That's the two large sets, which haven't been too inspiring... I wonder what will be in the three smaller sets.

that hybrid prime has never appealed to me, and I don't really like the more cartoony colours of the movie prime.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    that hybrid prime has never appealed to me
    Same. I've always thought it was highly overrated. The thing looks like arse in truck mode.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Same. I've always thought it was highly overrated. The thing looks like arse in truck mode.
    It's not too bad IMO... I appreciate the engineering and design for something done in such a small scale, it surely ticked a lot of boxes.
    Quite surprised that it'll be available now under Hasbro... they're sure to ruin it with cheapo plastics and a nasty shade of colors...

Anything new on the other sets?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I had guessed that the TF3 Dinobot Minicons would be used, but I didn't expect it to be paired with a Deluxe... for less than what the Deluxes are going to be here on their own. (and the deco looks to be the same as the regular DLX Dinos)

The 2-pack is supposed to be $25 at TRU here, but the movie Deluxes are expected to be $30.... so why pay $5 more and miss out on the Minicon.

The minicon fills up that large waster of space in the packaging too.

Bet these don't only go for $25, that would make no sense.

I must admit I had a good chuckle at all the idiots on other boards whinging that they are upset it wasn't a reissue G1 figure with the movie figure for $25!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I just want the minicons.
    It doesn't make sense to me either, but they're still listed in their systems for $24.99. We'll find out soon enough