Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2014 Figure Reveals

I am disappoint. When i saw Ferak i thought the Scourge mold would have looked better for him. And now i see they are using the Scourge mold for Devcon i wish the molds were swapped. Take a look at a Devcon Cyclonus here -> http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...l#post10802803

I know this would use 2 head remolds (and i haven't seen my Cyclonus yet to know if replacing the pointy ears is really possible) but i wish there was community input from talented fans to help the figures hit the right mark.. which is of course subjective

Tl;dr..
    Short fat Devcon doesn't work for me.
    Tall Cyclonus-head henkei-strafe-ish Ferak doesn't work for me.
    + Both jets have crap alt mode paint jobs (hopefully some faction logos can fix this).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I really don't think the Cyclonus mold could have a head swap, it's too important for the vehicle mode. A different head would leave gaping holes in the side of the fuselage.

The chest panelling on Scourge works well with the old animation model, I think.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    I am disappoint. When i saw Ferak i thought the Scourge mold would have looked better for him. And now i see they are using the Scourge mold for Devcon i wish the molds were swapped. Take a look at a Devcon Cyclonus here -> http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...l#post10802803

I know this would use 2 head remolds (and i haven't seen my Cyclonus yet to know if replacing the pointy ears is really possible) but i wish there was community input from talented fans to help the figures hit the right mark.. which is of course subjective

Tl;dr..
    Short fat Devcon doesn't work for me.
    Tall Cyclonus-head henkei-strafe-ish Ferak doesn't work for me.
    + Both jets have crap alt mode paint jobs (hopefully some faction logos can fix this).
    The creator of those digibashes, Ryan Yzquierdo, has had many excellent ideas fleeced appropriated by FunPub over the years..

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    . A different head would leave gaping holes in the side of the fuselage.
    Sculpt in some big ears and they'll cover the hole
    Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    The creator of those digibashes, Ryan Yzquierdo, has had many excellent ideas fleeced appropriated by FunPub over the years..
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Considering the sheer volume of digibashes he does (like, hundreds), there are bound to be some similar ideas showing up by FunPub, who also does hundreds of ideas (that are whittled down to about 20 a year by Hasbro). And both of those groups are mostly focussed on homages of known characters... unlike Hasbro that does a large portion of new character toys.
    But it would be like saying that Hasbro copied a fan's creative figure on some fan-forum somewhere, if they eventually released a redeco that is similar.

There are a lot of obvious ideas that multiple people come up with (just look at the creative sections of fansites), especially of high-demand characters... and FunPub and Hasbro are not going to avoid obvious or high-demand ideas just because someone else came up with it first - in fact, it's best that they keep track of what the current trends and demands are, so that they provide us with items we are already wanting (like non-toy characters).

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I really don't think the Cyclonus mold could have a head swap, it's too important for the vehicle mode. A different head would leave gaping holes in the side of the fuselage.
    Actually it wouldn't. I had a look this morning and the Cyclonus ears sit in a groove towards the bottom of the fuselage. So long as a new head occupies the same space roughly as the original "helmet" it will fill the space quite well. A Devcon head (with it's gun-looking thing on top) could even fill a hole that does pass right thru the fuselage with a Cyclonus head!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Sculpt in some big ears and they'll cover the hole
    It is not a hole but a groove and I think its location would make it less noticeable than many imagine.

BUT.. my thoughts aint gonna make it happen anyway
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

The fourth toy is being revealed soon, and FunPub are tweeting a heap of hints, to reveal that the recent fleshling they tweeted is Olin, son of Lord Zarak... and heir to Scorponok.
    Plus noting that this fourth figure is a big one, barely fitting in the box.

So... I wonder who it could be.
    Could it actually be a Gen1 Scorponok homage toy, and if so, what existing toy could they use to best suit that homage, and possibly include a combining "Nebulan" in some way that works with the toy's design?
    If they pull off something amazing and creative, it could just win back a little support for the convention this year.

Would they use Energon Scorponok (again)?

Bugs me a little that they invent a male chid of Lord Zarak when he has an established daughter. (In my 90s fanfic Llyra, under the influence of Scorponok's original head became Black Zarak)

Based on the mention of a "Hive" and looking to have pale green skin, it's going by the cartoon universe, not the comic. Otherwise, it would indeed seem like a retcon, creating a son where there only sounded like a daughter existed.

Reading through some of the comments on other fansites, it had me wondering... with all the times they had on their feedback forms, asking if we'd like to see Gen1 moulds as BotCon exclusives, why are we still yet to have one? Could this being the anniversary year, be the year for some Gen1 moulds... or would they just look too out of place for the "combined look" of the convention set (box and at-show toys displayed together... which seems to be a priority of theirs).
    I'm not suggesting the Gen1 Scorponok toy, as it is just too big, but just in general.
    After the last 10 years of dozens of reissues between America and Japan, why have we had not one at BotCon, even as a custom class figure, which I think would be a lot of nostalgic fun building one from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Based on the mention of a "Hive" and looking to have pale green skin, it's going by the cartoon universe, not the comic. Otherwise, it would indeed seem like a retcon, creating a son where there only sounded like a daughter existed.
    Oh yeah I know (I saw that Hive reference) but there's no reason green skinned cartoon Zarak couldn't have had a daughter named Llyra too.