Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
Hey guys I need some help and this seemed as good-a place as any.

If anyone could bring me up to speed and/or point me in the right direction it would truly be appreciated as this series got me hooked on Japanese adult cartoons as a kid and I've loved the Guyver story and Anime ever since that first OVA way back when.

I'll help you here cos I have read Guyver since it first came out waaaaaay back.

To memory, there was a TV series... then a out-of-continuity movie and then a second series that was just a newer, better looking version of the first. It never covered the story up to the Manga cos the Manga STILL... HASN'T... FINISHED!!!!! The writer did mention that there was a higher chance of him dying before Guyver ended... -_-;

Anyway, Kronos takes over the world... Guyver 3, Agito, starts a Gorilla Resistance to retake the planet. However, heaps of people have gone through the Zoanoid conversion. So, basically, its 'what if the Secret Invasion succeeded'.
Sho has gone missing so Tetsuro and Mizuki are trying to stay hidden cos they are targeted by Kronos. Sho finally returns from being disintegrated thanx to the Control Metal and merges the Control Metal with a 'Creator' ship, creating the Guyver Gigantic which both Agito and Sho can use but its only one unit.
Agito has greater willpower and so 'steals' the Gigantic from Sho when both need to summon its power.
Within Kronos, three of the Zoalords rebel against Archanfel and kill two of the members loyal to him and then blame the Guyvers for that action.
They then battle try to capture Guyver 1 when he and an assistant of a professor that helped the Guyvers before the invasion try to save Aptom who had become a 'kinda' ally to them. It is here that we find out that Sho has been pretending to lose control of the Gigantic armour to Agito so as to give the view that he is still as weak as he was before the whole Kronos invasion. He has also become a bit of a tactician, pretending to be defeated, then transforms into Guyver and then Gigantic to kill a whole heap of Zoanoids.
Now, its an invasion of the Kronos empire by the Guyvers and it kinda enters limbo there... very irritating. Its like one volume of manga a year and a bit on average at the moment.
Hope that helped.