Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub-deluxe figures.

Default Sub-deluxe figures.

As I get older I'm finding my tastes shifting away from the bigger more elaborate Transformers and, despite all my expectations, I am getting more into the sub deluxe sized figures. Basics (from the beast era, etc). Legends. Cyberverse Commanders.
    I have limited time and space to play, so something easy to carry around and fiddle with is more convenient. I'm just not as inclined to pick up and play with something large.
    Sure, they can be really cool, but I'm seeing leaders and voyagers more as something I only need one or two of on shelves around my apartment to look at and appreciate. Even deluxes (my staple!) feel like something to cut back on. A little. Of course I'm not getting rid of all my deluxes, lets not go crazy.

Can you guys recommend any really good sub-deluxe figures? Nice articulation and moulding. Not smothered in kibble?

I don't have much experience with these figures but of the few I have, my favourites are DOTM Cyb Commander Megatron & Beast Machines Silverbolt.

Anyone else gone through a similar shift in figure preference?

Sub-Deluxe figures have always been increasing in quality, however IMHO ever since DotM we've seen a decline in standard of supra-Deluxe figures, thus allowing sub-Deluxe toys to leave them in the dust. I've known collectors who've made a conscious decision to move away from supra-Deluxe toys in favour of sub-Deluxe figures because they offer superior value for money.

Which sub-Deluxe figure would I recommend? They're all really nice toys for their size and price point, so I can't really think of one that I'd necessarily recommend over another. Just pick your favourite and go for it. Besides, they're so cheap it makes it easier to collect lots.

I personally prefer playing with the larger supra-Deluxe figures, but admittedly the sub-Deluxes really are much better value. The majority of post-DOTM supra-Deluxe toys are mediocre at best whereas almost all sub-Deluxe toys are pretty top notch toys for what they are. The folks in charge of developing Cyberverse figures are clearly pouring more effort and attention into them than those working on the supra-Deluxe toys. e.g. a lot of supra-Deluxe TF Prime toys don't have faction symbols, but every Cyberverse figure does!

Any of the ROTF-era "Scout class" figures are absolute gold for both build quality & aesthetics; their molds and poseability range but are generally and more often then not equal to that of deluxes.

Even a number of the DOTM HA Basics are quite good too.

I've held on to a lot of my sub deluxe figs because they have been better than what's being offered at the deluxe price point and above.

However, with Hasbro making a conscious effort to simplify its TFs I'm worried that they're going to discontinue it's cyberverse line.

The cyber verse line will continue. They'll be enlarged and called Deluxes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    See as great as that is ( and it is, I was a kids b'day and the boys kept asking me to transform the cyberverse figures ) I like cyberverse figs for their size.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Don't remind me

http://www.robotkingdom.com/transfor...a1518e24b.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I can't believe they're sold out on RK?!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

You have got to be kidding me.

To me these look awful. They even advertise on the front that it only takes 4 or 5 steps to transform. I guess there's a well researched target demographic for these, but not my cup of tea. I'm not even quite sure why I don't like them as I love all the cyber verse figures I have, but as smaller figures. I guess I think that the bigger the figure, the more complex the transformation ought to be.
    Last edited by Ultra Mackness; 7th April 2014 at 04:20 PM.