Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MakeToys: Trash-Talk & Cog-Wheel

Default MakeToys: Trash-Talk & Cog-Wheel

MakeToys has revealed in the last 24hrs a pair of new figures that are apparently to be released sometime in February (According to their site ), with; Trash-Talk (Swerve) and Cog-Wheel (Gears):

• Both are to be sold in a 2-Pack according to their site.
    • The "My First Blaster" is to see a limited production and will be sold separately to Trash-Talk & Cog-Wheel.

3rd party companies are really churning out the minibots huh? They're all quite well designed and very true to their G1 characters.

Only problem though is that HasTak are doing their own classics/generations style take on these characters too are they not?

3rd parties be hard pressed to sell their versions for less than $10 though. Hmm tough one!

I think they'd be hard pressed going up against legends-class Swerve too.
    Decisions will boil down to which alt mode and price is preferred.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Damn, I like he altmodes... especially that add on tray and glass on Trashtalk, grrrrr. They're different from each other in altmode that it looks more than a simple recolour but a retool of the same mold. I also like that it looks like a cybertronian car mode not earth vehicle style. I already have Gen Swerve and it is very nice. However, this version is nice as well and can turn his head side to side.The official Swerve can't. Cog Wheels look interesting as well with that battle mask alternate face feature.

I wonder how much the set would cost? Oh they're selling the First gun separate ei? Hmmmmm Good thing Id like to get one of that but for my official figure. I think I might end up getting these two. I wonder how big are they as well?

Based on previous figures/add on kits that I've bought which are from Maketoys, this would definitely have good quality, unfortunately their price tag is a bit steep.... looking at Giant. But, their figures are beautiful hehehe.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I don't normally buy 3rd party stuff, and I'm already planning on getting the Generations Swerve as soon as I can find one (everywhere seems to either not have him listed or they're sold out)
    but I simply MUST have that My First Blaster, I just hope it isn't too ridiculously large on a legends swerve.
    there's no price listed but could anyone hazard a guess at how much the MFB will cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I don't normally buy 3rd party stuff, and I'm already planning on getting the Generations Swerve as soon as I can find one (everywhere seems to either not have him listed or they're sold out)
    but I simply MUST have that My First Blaster, I just hope it isn't too ridiculously large on a legends swerve.
    there's no price listed but could anyone hazard a guess at how much the MFB will cost?
    Shapeways has a MFB for sale. I was thinking of getting one (maybe a group buy to save on postage) and asking Lancelot to paint it up for me
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Shapeways has a MFB for sale. I was thinking of getting one (maybe a group buy to save on postage) and asking Lancelot to paint it up for me
    It looks hideous and amateurish though, and expensive for what it is - it might be better to wait for the Maketoys one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It looks hideous and amateurish though, and expensive for what it is - it might be better to wait for the Maketoys one.
    +1. I'll wait and see what the final product and how much Maketoys' is as well. At least I don't have to color that and it won't have that grainy feel to it.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Even with Hasbro releasing their own proper version, and me already having the Igear version, and the expected high price tag, these still look bloody awesome to me.

Yup, i was chatting with Hursti on twitter about a week ago when these pics came out - this is a must. And the blaster.
    AAAAH! Too many awesome figs!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett