Thread: Toy Review - EX Gokin – Cybertronian Alpha Trion

Default Toy Review - EX Gokin – Cybertronian Alpha Trion

EX Gokin – Cybertronian Alpha Trion (A3)

Series – EX Gokin Transformers
    Maker - Fewture Models (Art Storm)
    Licensed/3rd Party – Licensed by Tomy
    Wave: Wave 1 - 2014
    Size/class - N/A
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here – No
    Approximate Price - AU $95 - 115 + postage
    Approximate Size – 14.5 cm
    Materials – Diecast + a mix of ABS, PVC and POM Plastics
    Allegiance – Autobot
    Alt-mode – N/A
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Can be modified to look like A3
    Main Colours – Purple, White, Crimson
    Main Accessories – No Weapons but comes with a stand, addition hands, A3 head and A3 shoulder pads.

ROBOT MODE:

This figure is truly a work of art IMO. The detail and paint job are amazing on this toy and the materials he is made of are high quality….he has diecast in his legs!
    They have made this figure as accurate to the G1 cartoon as I think we will ever get in an action figure. The Face, the Beard, the Cloak, the Shoulder Pads, the Colour Scheme…just wow! …annnnd to put icing on top of the cake Art Storm have even thrown in some extra parts to make Alpha Trion look like his younger self, A3 as seen in the G1 cartoon episode “Forever is a long time coming”
    He also scales nicely alongside G1 Optimus Prime making for an added display bonus for G1 enthusiasts that may want to put him with that part of their collection.
    On its own this is a nice solid robot figure that is well proportioned and balanced allowing many interesting and iconic poses.
    With the included stand he is very limited to what you can do due to the weight in his legs, which may disappoint some.

VEHICLE MODE:

N/A

TRANSFORMATION:

N/A

ARTICULATION:

There is a decent assortment of articulation in this figure. You can move (to different degrees) his shoulders (some hindrance from the pads), elbows and wrists, torso, waist, hips, knees, feet, head and even his cape.
    The have cleverly designed the feet, knees, hips and shoulders to extend/semi detach to allow for more bend in the limbs so you can achieve better articulation. This helps with the more extreme poses you may want to put him in.
    One slightly frustrating thing is that the torso and waist sockets seem to be notched internally rather the round ball joints making it difficult to align his chest and torso for some poses.
    They have included a figure stand supposedly to help with jumping or flying poses but due to the weight of his diecast legs you are very limited to what you can do with the stand as the weight causes the stands elbow joint to bend and the figure falls down

OVERALL:

Fewture Models (Art Storm) have created a very cartoon accurate toy (action figure) of the Autobots founder and Optimus Primes mentor and creator, Alpha Trion. This figure is so good IMO that I am almost tempted to buy a second just to have both versions of him on display! The only negative I will say is that the display stand is pretty much useless for jumping poses and the like and can pretty much only be used if you plan to just stand him on it (which is not that bad I guess but the ability to lock the bend joint in place would have been welcomed by me).
    From the moment I held the box in my hand I was impressed. The packaging is high quality and well presented and when I took it out of the shipping box I was intrigued by the weight of what I assumed to be a standard PVC or similar plastic figure. I had no idea and was pleasantly surprised to learn after opening it that this figure has diecast in it! (I had purchased this on look/hype alone and didn’t read into what it was made of etc.) If you can afford the money you will need to pay to acquire him, do it! He is definitely of high quality, looks awesome, and should be a must have for all G1 enthusiasts.

PICS:

The Front and Back of the outer box (which slips off to reveal an inner Box) Look at that nice combination of gloss and matte.

Here's the inner box and then the plastic tray that the figure is set in (the stand was behind Alpha in the box).

Key?? I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about!

The Autobot's want you! Now go forth!

Please!!!

No longer shall this be a symbol of slavery! From this day forward it shall be the symbol of freedom!!

A3's the name, so what's it to you?

Up, Up and away with TAA, the friendly, friendly waaayyy!!!

Scale Comparison

He is no longer Orion Pax...Meet the first of our new defenders Optimus Prime!

It's been a long time old friend!

You need these planes…you may not get off this planet alive without them!

I have this guy waiting for my MP Bumblebee to come through then I'll get him shipped all together.

Really looking forward to it.

Great review, nice photos, it looks like his arms are a little long from some angles but I guess this is just an optical illusion.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Wow. He's small. Otherwise looks great!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

A very nice figure.
    I thought it was too expensive for it size, but is probably the best/accurate representation of Alpha Trion we are ever likely to get (Hasbro isn't likely to produce something that well-detailed that doesn't transform).

It is one of the few licensed figures I want in my collection, as it doesn't really have an alt-mode in Gen1, so doesn't need a convertible figure to ruin the screen-accurate robot mode we know and love... and represented very nicely in this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravagecat View Post

[URL=http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/ravagecat/media/Alpha%20Trion/20141023_225715copy_zps901e8b9b.jpg.html]

Optimus : Alpha, no this is wrong. Stop, you're my creator!

Is it just me or does that pose look sus?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Is it just me or does that pose look sus?
    Optimus Prime is giving his beloved friend and mentor a comforting, manly hug. What's sus about that?

It's nothing considering that Prime's girlfriend became his sister.

This looks like a great toy, and part of me would love to buy it - especially to support a legitimately licensed third party product - but the price is beyond what I'm willing to spend on a toy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Optimus Prime is giving his beloved friend and mentor a comforting, manly hug. What's sus about that?
    It looked like a romantic slow dance to me.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    It looked like a romantic slow dance to me.
    I still don't see what the problem is. I always slow dance with my friends.

...I'm not allowed to any of the meet-ups now, am I?