Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Skeleton Warriors "Glyos Compatible" Action Figures - Kickstarter

boxed production photos of baron dark are out. very nice indeed.

Sorry guys, I've been meaning to do a couple of updates to this thread for over a month now, just keep getting side-tracked or haven't been in the zone when I've had the time spare.

I hope to have a sizeable update posted by the week's end - Things are coming along brilliantly with these, only a month 'til they're in-hand!

Righto guys, get ready to read one lengthy post!

Okay, so back on January 1st 2015 we received Update #23; This was our look at the 1st Painted Prototype & "Lightstar Crystal" Kickstarter Exclusive variant of Baron Dark, as well as the Bone-coloured Titan Skeleton, straight from the factory!

Apart from the odd issue with some of the paint apps, I've taken to calling the Painted Baron Dark: "Baron Derp" , mold-wise these are spot-on perfect but I'll let these photos speak for themselves:

(Painted) Baron Dark "Derp" Prototype:

(Kickstarter Exclusive) "Lightstar Crystal" Baron Dark Prototype:

(Bone Coloured) Titan Skeleton Prototype:

Earlier in December of 2014 however, as I mentioned here, Shadowland Magazine put out their 10th issue with, a WICKED Baron Dark cover , as well as an article looking at the Past, Present AND Future of the Skeleton Warriors.

I was utterly enthralled throughout all 18 pages of "The Continuing Tales of The Skeleton Warriors" article, celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the brand - and I very much would like to congratulate Frank Warden and everyone else involved on the truly awesome piece they managed to achieve, an incredible effort!

From the opening to the "Boneyard Tales", "Behind The Bones" and "Legacy of The Skeleton Warriors" segments; The recount of who/what "Skeleton Warriors" is as well as the brand and cartoon's development, was both informed and impassioned - setting the tone for the rest of the article.

The interviews with Gary Goddard and George & Ayleen Gaspar are very elaborative and offer great insight into just who each of them are, where/what they're experience and expertise are and where they're drawn from, as well as being rather tantalising in what may lay ahead with the 20th Anniversary (Glyos Compatible) Skeleton Warriors toy line.

Roger Lay Jr.'s piece was excruciatingly excitement-inducing! - Just what is on the cards for the brand in both the near and medium-term future for the Skeleton Warriors brand has me literally giddy in expectation. Seriously.

I highly recommend that if you haven't already, pick up yourself a copy of this magazine as it's also PACKED with really interesting articles on the Australian produced Ultraman series, looking back at 30 years of A Nightmare on Elm Street, along with a heap of interesting news tidbits to do with the world of Sci-fi, Horror & Fantasy media!

Also during the month of December, after putting it off for almost a good 2 months prior, I put together and completed my review on the original 1994 Playmates Toys iteration of the Baron Dark figure.

This review wasn't something I was honestly looking forward to, as although I had owned the figure in my childhood and knew what to expect, I wasn't impressed with it after removing it from its 20 year imprisonment - This was exacerbated when I tried to get the Baron to interact with his 2 major accessories: The (Skull)Sky-Cycle and "Bonesteed" Warhorse.

Checkout my thoughts of the original Baron Dark toy over here at the October Toys forum, and let me know what you think - Whether you agree/disagree with me and what your feelings of the figure are.

Finally, on January 27th 2015, George & Ayleen shared Kickstarter Update #24 - Which carried some good & bad news.

I'll get the bad news out of the way 1st up, as it isn't really all that bad anyway.

The shipment of all the Glyos Compatible Skeleton Warriors figures from the Factory to October Toys has been further delayed from late January to Late February/Early March - At which point they will be immediately shipped out to Backers.

Onto the Good news!

The final Prototypes, as well as for the 1st time the Baron Dark Packaging Sample, has been shown off and they look AMAZING!

There are 1 or 2 minor adjustments that are being made to the final packaging, namely logo & text positioning, but otherwise this is what we will all be receiving with our regular painted Baron Dark figures (All other figures will be bagged) and I think it is going to be bloody hard not to want to keep this MISB!

Shown off too was the Titan Skeletons in all their varying guises!

The Final (Bone Coloured) Titan Skeleton Prototype:

The Final (Kickstarter Exclusive) "Lightstar Crystal" Titan Skeleton Prototype:

The Final (Bone Coloured) & (Kickstarter Exclusive) "Lightstar Crystal" Titan Skeleton Prototypes:

The Final (Glow in The Dark) & (Kickstarter Exclusive) "Lightstar Crystal" Titan Skeleton Prototypes:

The Final (Bone Coloured), (Glow in The Dark) & (Kickstarter Exclusive) "Lightstar Crystal" Titan Skeleton Prototypes:

These look absolutely incredible and I believe this is the 1st time we've been shown the GiTD Titan Skeleton too; I wish I had had more money at the time of the Kickstarter, as although I am getting one of each figure on offer, looking at these pictures make me REALLY want to army build these guys! - Good thing that most, if not all, of these figures will be offered via the October Toys Shop at a later & to be determined date.

I'll end this update post with a final pair of pictures: Baron Dark in both his final Painted and Exclusive "Lightstar Crystal" variants!

The Final (Painted) & (Kickstarter Exclusive) "Lightstar Crystal" Baron Dark Prototypes:

...so checkout the Playmates Toys Baron Dark review, keep your eyes peeled here for further news regarding the October Toys Skeleton Warriors figures (I'll be more diligent in posting too ) and as always

Baron Dark looks awesome!
    The skeletons have turned out really nice also, I was worried about the proportions and the aesthetics. They seem to have nailed them! they look fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Baron Dark looks awesome!
    The skeletons have turned out really nice also, I was worried about the proportions and the aesthetics. They seem to have nailed them! they look fantastic
    Too right they look fantastic and getting them in-hand is only a matter of week away!

In the meantime however...

George, Ayleen & October Toys have updated the Kickstarter page with Update #25, detailing the latest status of the Backer Incentive figure: The Glyos Traveller Skeleden!

As a refresh to all our memories, here's the promotional picture of the original concept prototype figure of the Traveller Skeleden used in the Kickstarter campaign:

If you're unfamiliar with who the "Travellers" are, with relation to the Glyos universe (Much like I was ), this YouTube video by Internet Personality: Vangelus does an excellent job of providing a brief rundown of who & what the Travellers are, along with their story and variants as well as a breakdown of how the figures work.

If that video wets your appetite or catches your curiosity at all for the Glyos Joint System, this video series by YouTube Reviewer: TJOmega serves as an excellent encyclopaedic guide as to what the Glyos system of toys is, what it's capable of and the absolutely expansive range of Glyos-compatible toys that are available.
    I highly recommend everyone watches this series so as to gain a good understanding of the engineering side of the Glyos Joint System and how it applies to both the Traveller Skeleden AND October Toy's Baron Dark & Skeleton Warriors, but be warned; it could end up being a BIG rabbit hole for some people!

Now back to Skeleden.

The basic premise behind the Skeleden (Who's been produced in heavy collaboration between George Gaspar & Matt Doughty of Onell Design) is that he is a Space "Traveller" Pheyden that, through some series of circumstances intentional or unfortunate, has found himself in the dimension of the Skeleton Warriors and runs into Baron Dark who wastes little time in "Skeletonising" him - The end result being his visage going from this:

(Photo courtesy of Collection-DX )

To THIS! :

The above (& below) photo is of the two present final prototypes of the Skeleden, showing its form and detailing of which you can clearly see is copious on this little 2.75"/6.35cm figure indeed, but...

...these ARE NOT representative of the final colours for this Kickstarter Exclusive introductory Traveller Skeleden , those photos of the final coloured version should be arriving in the next couple of days!

I've got to be honest, the Traveller Skeleden will be my 1st interaction with the main Glyos line of figures and I'm thoroughly excited to get a 1st hand feel for it aside from the Main Event/Attraction of the Skeleton Warriors and Baron Dark, as these are independently designed and produced toys backed by small (Often VERY small, i.e. 1 or 2 family members or friends) groups who simply don't have the resources of big toy manufacturers and this is something I've grown an appreciation of as an extension from the 3rd Party/Unofficial niche of the Transformers collection scene and am considering getting further into, for many reasons.

So I hope this update has been an interesting one and that if you backed the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter to the level that permitted your future acquisition of the Traveller Skeleden, that it's also been informative and excitement inducing for what is only a matter of weeks away from arriving in our hands!

For those who have a general interest in Toys and Skeletons; another independent toy company, that many might know of due to their recently released Gothitropolis: Ravens line of figures , who go by the name of The Four Horsemen, has recently in the last fortnight commenced their latest Kickstarter campaign for their new line of 6" scale, fully articulated Action Figures - Mythic Legions!

Definitely consider checking that one out too, I did and have backed them to the tune of $80.00 USD/$101.00 AUD which will net me, shipped to my door in *March/April 2016, the following:

As always, keep your eyes peeled here for further news regarding the October Toys Skeleton Warriors figures and associated goodies and don't forget to also checkout all the links above in this post, along with the following :

Here we go guys, Update #26 from the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter is here!

As I mentioned in my previous post, this latest update specifically revolves around the Kickstarter Exclusive: "Luminaire" Edition of the Traveller Skeleden and H-O-L-Y CRAP! does it looks Awesome!

This is the final version of the "Luminaire" Skeleden and is what everybody will be receiving if they backed the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter to the requisite pledge level.

From some notes supplied by Onell Design:
    "The purple PVC and paint is based on Baron Dark's purple parts (and pays homage to the October Toys purple hue), and the Skeleden armor matches the Titan Skeletons and Baron Dark bone colored base plastic".
    I personally LOVE that "Cadbury Chocolate"-esque hue of Purple used, a bit of bias may be creeping in given my 2nd favourite colour IS Purple , coupled with the Off-White Bone colour is such an eye-catching palette combination.

Speaking of eyes; the Ruby/Crimson Red used on Skeleden is rather striking and I'm particularly impressed by his right-hand eye, as it's small & beady and pays direct homage to that of each of the Skeletons from Skeleton Warriors, right down to the cartoonish light reflections on both eyes - rendered by tiny white paint apps.

What's even more exciting, is the surprise inclusion of extra parts that'll come with "Luminaire" Skeleden! - As Onell Design goes on to say:
    "Each Skeleden comes with an extra Traveler Pheyden head, two extra Traveler upper arms and two extra Traveler upper thighs so that you can convert Skeleden into the original Traveler form".
    Allowing one to create the Skeleden's pre-"Luminaire"/regular state, which looks like this:

That's a REALLY cool, unexpected additional inclusion and allows for, those of us who've never handled Glyos figures before especially, a chance to experience the modular/Lego-esque play pattern of these figures & joint system!
    (..and for some the potential final push required to fall down that Glyos rabbit-hole! )

The final version of the Traveller Skeleden figure will possess 23 individual parts and has taken a full year to reach this completed design; details of which Matt Doughty is sharing via the Onell Design blog, so if you're at all curious or interested? - Definitely check that link out as there is a lot more involved in the production of these 2.75in/6.35cm tall figures than I certainly expected.

It should also be noted that the "Regular" state Skeleden will be a major part of the Glyos stories, that are behind these toys, going forward and is featured in a Browser-based game called: "Dungeon Traveller" of which you can also checkout after this link.

George & Ayleen also mention in Update #26 that the ship carrying all of the Skeleton Warriors figures is presently at the mid-way point of its journey from China to the US, so with all hope the Gods of the American Docks will shine favourably upon the shipment and will see it pass swiftly onto October Toys, ready for them to disperse across the globe!

The "March of The Skeletons" is upon us!

So check in regularly to the Onell Design blog for upcoming Glyos figure releases, including Traveller Skeleden variants, and as I always say:

Hey guys!

Popping in with an update on the status of the October Toys: Skeleton Warriors - Baron Dark, Titan Skeleton & Traveller Skeleden figures!

Rather annoyingly, the West Coast shipping Docks of the United States are currently suffering major backlogs in the processing of shipments, due to a series of strikes, which has meant that the Kickstarter shipment that George & Ayleen have been waiting to receive (In order to send out to us) has been significantly delayed.

They, like us, are presently waiting to hear word of where in the cycle of processing, through the docks to customs, said shipment is and promise to impart as much info as they can as soon as they themselves receive it - They're every bit as frustrated as we are.

The "March of The Skeletons" must hold a little longer...

I do, however, have some pretty cool news for those who may of missed out on the initial Kickstarter for the Glyos-Compatible, 20th Anniversary, Baron Dark figure...

United States online Toy Store, Big Bad Toy Store or BBTS , is now taking preorders for individual October Toys: Baron Dark figures!

Priced at $29.99(USD) and scheduled for release "Some time in March 2015", likely to change depending on the aforementioned Docks issue, this is a perfect chance for anyone who missed out or wasn't comfortable with the Kickstarter purchasing format, to grab themselves one of these AWESOME figures!

Here is BBTS's preorder solicitation for the October Toys: 20th Anniversary, Glyos-Compatible, Skeleton Warriors - Baron Dark figure~
    (Though, to anyone who has been following this thread, none of the following is new info )

Skeleton Warriors 20th Anniversary Baron Dark Action Figure

- 5" fully painted PVC action figure
    - 17 modular official Glyos compatible pieces
    - 26 points of articulation
    - Comes with removable sword, cape, loin cloth, and arm guards (for a total of 21 pieces)
    - Packaged in full color collectors window box

Product Number: OCT10003
    Shipping Weight: 0.70 pounds

...so if you were waiting to grab a Baron Dark? - NOW IS YOUR CHANCE! - Go and Preorder one today!

Remember though,

Hey Hursticon, are you a member of www.littlerubberguys.com? There is some discussion threads over there about Skeleton Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Hey Hursticon, are you a member of www.littlerubberguys.com? There is some discussion threads over there about Skeleton Warriors.
    Actually no I'm not dude, I am familiar with the group though & have eyed off their "Rise of The Beasts" figures a couple of times!

I'll have to give their forum a perusal.

AWESOME NEWS Everyone! ...and a VERY IMPORTANT Update Too!

George & Ayleen have just passed along word that the Skeleton Warriors shipment has arrived State-side, has gone through the Docks and is presently with Customs - They've also been charged to have the shipment sent to their business address!

Whilst this is excellent news, George has expressed his aggravation with this part of the process as he's explained that it's always the slowest part of Toy production, but also due to the strikes he's even more frustrated because it's meant that this has been his first late delivery of a Kickstarter project out of 6 successful ones.

George & Ayleen hope backers will understand and wish everyone to know that they'll be working doubly hard to get everyone's order out to them as fast as humanly possible - They need your cooperation though...

A Very Important Update, No. 28, is a backer-only update and requires all backers to log-in to their Kickstarter accounts and complete a final shipping address Survey:
    Hello all!

Surveys have now been sent to everyone to collect current shipping address information.

Please respond to them no later than March 29th. If you respond later than that date it will delay the shipment of your rewards.

We have been hearing that people are having trouble logging back in to trycelery.com to change addresses, so do not worry about that, just fill in the current survey sent here on Kickstarter and we will cross reference the celery accounts to make sure we have your up to date address with your order.

If you didn't get an email about a survey being sent, don't worry, just log into your kickstarter account and a banner will pop up along the top of the screen notifying you that you have a survey to complete. Just click that banner and complete the survey.

PLEASE RESPOND TO THE KICKSTARTER SURVEY BY MARCH 29th!

Thanks everyone!! We are getting so close to wrapping this up!

George and Ayleen
    George went on to add further information regarding said surveys:
    ...EVERYONE - PLEASE READ!

The Kickstarter survey only has the info for your REWARD PLEDGE LEVEL. It does NOT know what you added on here or through celery. it is an automated survey, just plugs in your chosen pledge level. We just need your address information in the survey, just fill it in.

When we are ready to ship we will be checking your kickstarter survey current address against your final order on the celery site from way back when those were filled in.

From this information we will have your up to date address and your up to date order all together. if at that time there are any questions, we will contact YOU.

Thanks!!
    So if YOU were a backer of the (Glyos-Compatible) Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter Project, log into your Kickstarter account and confirm your current shipping information by filling out the survey BEFORE MARCH 29.

The Baron and his hoard of Titan Skeletons & Traveller Skeledens are almost upon us people - I'm bloody excited, are you!?!

Remember though,

SOON...

"April-iferation of The Fleshless!"

Check your emails if you were a backer, otherwise, visit BBTS and preorder Baron Dark today!