Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: NEW: Skeleton Warriors "Glyos Compatible" Action Figures - Kickstarter

looking forward to your reaction when you receive your goodies, if only you could video that first reaction!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

yesterday received an email, my order has been dispatched. Its going to be interesting at long last they are on their way. I have always wanted some skeleton action figures, these will be my first. Skeletons also are useful as fodder for most fantasy settings

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    looking forward to your reaction when you receive your goodies, if only you could video that first reaction!!
    I could definitely video tape it, but I'm visually less excitable as my typing may let on.

I might consider it though, it'd be a laugh I guess but to those who've not seen my face before, you might want to have a crucifix handy!

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    yesterday received an email, my order has been dispatched. Its going to be interesting at long last they are on their way. I have always wanted some skeleton action figures, these will be my first. Skeletons also are useful as fodder for most fantasy settings
    You're a lucky bloody devil dude, I've not got a notice yet but I've waited this long - what's a little longer eh?

Please do post some photos in the thread of when your package arrives, I'm looking forward to the thoughts of others on these things just as much as receiving my own figure.

So George & Ayleen have posted Update No. 30 to the Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter page, entitled: "It's Baron Dark Day!".

It has been 9 months & 13 days since the "Skeleton Warriors: Glyos Compatible - Action Figures" Kickstarter Project concluded as being successfully funded, having been initially aimed for a December 2014 Release/Shipping date.

That was initially pushed back to January 2015 as a result of further design refinements to Baron Dark & the Titan Skeleton figure's shoulder regions.
    Then the shipment was delayed to late February/early March because of Factory schedules & holidays (The shipment reaching its transitory midway point in the Pacific Ocean circa 24th of February).
    ...and then it was once more delayed to mid/late March as a result of the United States' West Coast - Docking Unions strikes!

It has finally come to April 4th 2015 that the entire Kickstarter shipment has progressed through the backlog at said docks and passed through customs to arrive at October Toys HQ!

You can see why I think there is a degree of relief behind this joyous smile of George Gaspar as he's packing Pledge Rewards.

The team at October Toys are extremely elated to let everyone know that they are presently in the process of organising and dispatching their "...fabulous Kickstarter supporters" pledge rewards and are aiming to have most if not everyone's packages shipped out by the end of this week!

They go on to say:
    There are no words to express how incredible it has been to work on this project with the fantastic team at Goddard Film Group (Roger Lay Jr. & Eric Carnagey), the mad geniuses at Onell Design (Matt Doughty & Marc Beaudette), and all of our friends, family, and supporters.

From the bottom of our heartstones - thank you!

We sincerely hope you enjoy these new Baron Dark and the Titan Skeleton figures as much as we do!
    George then tweeted, just on 12 hours ago , this photo:

Before ending Update No. 30, we're reminded that...

"This Is Only The Beginning!"

"Stay tuned in the coming weeks for the revealing of just who will be the next entrant into the 20th Anniversary: (Glyos Compatible) Skeleton Warriors toyline - You never know what might be lurking in the Shadows..."

Well, I'm bloody excited to be very soon receiving my Pledge Reward and you can damn expect that I'll be reviewing & photographing every one of the following:
    • Baron Dark
    • Baron Dark: "Lightstar Crystal Blue" Kickstarter Exclusive Variant
    • Titan Skeleton
    • Titan Skeleton: "Glow in The Dark" Variant
    • Titan Skeleton: "Lightstar Crystal Blue" Kickstarter Exclusive Variant
    • Traveller Skeleden: "Luminaire Edition" Kickstarter Exclusive Variant

...and I thoroughly implore any and all reading this to please chime in with your thoughts and photos in the thread too, let's see what shenanigans a bunch of toy skeletons can get up to!

Also as a reminder, as the timing seems rather poignant , if you weren't able to to get in on the initial Kickstarter for any of what I've listed above, remember that (Excluding the Exclusive variants) you can preorder the Regular Baron Dark figure RIGHT NOW via Big Bad Toy Store for $29.99(USD) + Shipping:

*Prototype Figure & Packaging Shown; Final Product Varies.

Righto, that's it from me for now but watch this space.

In the coming weeks there's going to be plenty of photos & news coming, some reviews and any & all details regarding the future availability of this first batch of modern Skeleton Warriors figures - "Who?", "When?" & "How Much?" plus much more!

...for: "These are the continuing tales of the Skeleton Warriors!"

It's Another Long One Guys! - Plenty of Pic-ies Though!
    (Also, head to the bottom of this post for links to where you can Buy these amazing figures RIGHT NOW!!! )

So it has been around 11 days since shipping begun on these incredible figures, of which Update #31 (A Backer Only Update ) informs us that as of Wednesday, all Kickstarter Backer Rewards have been posted; US Backers should have their rewards by the end of April, Mid-May for those Overseas, but already there has been a heap of photos permeate the Internet via forums, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram...

(Photos by Dave Staples on Twitter)

(Photo by Mindless-Focus on Twitter)

(Photo by Just The Toys on Twitter)

(Photos by Bardenpho and EvilDanish on Instagram)

...I tell you, it's not making my own wait any easier, especially given my tracking last had my rewards in Perth... 4 BLOODY DAYS AGO!!! -> Yay AusPost...

Speaking of tracking, there have been a large number of instances where people have not yet received a shipping notice but have had their rewards arrive; The shipping notices and tracking are automatically generated by the USPS service that October Toys uses and they're asking all Backers to keep checking their email as their notices may not have arrived yet or could have been placed in their spam folder, it should also be noted that some Spam Filters may block the email entirely and if you didn't provide you email address in the Kickstarter Survey then you wont receive a shipping notice at all.
    (There are presently 14 people who've failed to fill out their KS Survey, as a result their rewards can't even be shipped to them (Let alone a shipping notice) until they've completed it )

Reading the comments being made from those who've received their rewards, along with the first Video Review to be posted on YouTube , it is very clear that these initial entries into the "20th Anniversary" Skeleton Warriors toy line have met peoples' expectations and in a great many instances, even exceeded them!

It's with this in-mind that I'd like to pass along the news of just who is going to be the focus of the 2nd Kickstarter...

...in Episode 351 of Toy Break (October Toys' weekly Toy News show ), not only do we get to meet the person who undertook the Pain Master Prototype of OT's Baron Dark: Michael Cowart, but also that...

The next Kickstarter character/figure has been revealed to be none other than:
    Prince Joshua "Grimskull" Steele of the Legion of Light!

I'm personally REALLY excited for this, as Grimskull is my favourite character from the property and there is great potential for a Glyos-compatible, 20th Anniversary figure.

There was quite a bit of discussion going on in the "Speculation Thread" over at the October Toys forums (Of which you can read my typically essay-length post on the subject ), many of whom guessed correctly but interestingly most participants were in favour of Grimskull being next in line - Much to my delight.

Some key points from the thread were:
    • Should the new Grimskull figure's colour-scheme follow that of his media appearances, Blue, or his original Maquette/Playmates Toys' palette of Black? (Likely to be a combination of the 2 )
    • Will Grimskull's wolf companion, Stalker, be included at all and should he be an "Addon" or "Stretch Goal"?
    • Is there interest in a Pre-Grimskull, Prince Joshua swappable head?

Precious little detail is known about the upcoming Grimskull figure beyond his name and size, which he will be smaller than Baron dark owing to the line's 1:18 Scale - So Grimskull will likely come to just under Baron Dark's chin, as the Baron is somewhat of a giant.

The 2nd Skeleton Warriors Kickstarter for Grimskull is likely to take place sometime around June, though at this point that's just a speculative date - I'll of course keep this thread updated with any and all information I'm able to come across.

Whilst waiting to receive my own glorious loot of modern Skeleton Warriors figures, I managed to come across a bloke who just happened to have all of the remaining '90s Original Playmates Toys: Skeleton Warriors figures I needed to complete my collection!

We worked on a deal, as he was selling a full set but I only needed 5 out of the 10 items he had on offer, but he was very accommodating and within 2 days of initial contact, I had a sizeable box of Vintage Toy goodness on my door step!

I can't tell you how pleased I am to now finally, after 20 odd years, own the entire released range of original Skeleton Warriors figures considering several I've never owned before, but Dr. Cyborn, Prince Justin "Lightstar" Steele, Shriek & Crossbone, Uncle Ursak "The Guardian" Steele and Aracula will all at some point in time receive a full compliment of photos and a review each down the track and I look forward to mucking around with each of them.

Before I get to them however, there is one Toad-like Skeletal Saboteur & Mechanic that I owe a review and photoset of - By this time next week you'll all be able to get a glimpse of the Baron's severe Scoliosis & Kyphosis-suffering lacky: Dagger!

Look out for that!

Just Released Today!!!

I can't believe it! - The above figures were made available on the October Toys store less than 24 hours ago and the Bone-coloured Titan Skeletons are already sold out!
    I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing; bad if you were waiting to pick one up having missed out on the Kickstarter, good if you managed to get one before they all sold or are a stakeholder or fan of the brand in general?...

GET IN QUICK! before all of the above figures & accessories are gone from the October Toys store!
    If you'd rather pop a Baron Dark figure into your POL? - Don't forget that he's also Now Available via BBTS , at a slightly higher price though.
    (Best go directly to the source, October Toys! )

Okay, that's it from me now until my elusive package arrives; Plenty of thoughts & pictures will be posted at which point and in between I'll pop the odd "Classic" figure review in.

I'll part with a few more incredible photos of these new "Bad to The Bone" Skeleton Warriors figures, but always, remember...

(Photo by Cracker on the OT Forums)

(Photo by Jafari Stew on the OT Forums)

(Photo by RoboGeek1973 on the OT Forums)

(Photos by Visualocity and GlyosSphere on Instagram)

(Photo by Xanthax on Instagram)

got mine a few days ago. very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthprimus View Post
    got mine a few days ago. very happy.
    Awesome to hear dude! - I'd love to hear your thoughts on them, maybe even a few pics?

For me though: Coming Soon(er or Later)!

Hey guys,

Just dropping in again quickly to share a bunch of links I've come across, with some coverage of these ridiculously fun and extremely hard to put down Skeleton Warriors figures!

Written/Photo Reviews:

Video/YouTube Reviews:

Once you've checked those out, if you haven't already gotten in on these damn good 20th Anniversary action figures? - Then consider this:

...and here comes that obligatory, repeated, "End of post" link flogging!

Received my figures on Friday, so good, but will need more glow in the dark skeletons. Where are people getting weapons for these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    Received my figures on Friday, so good, but will need more glow in the dark skeletons. Where are people getting weapons for these guys?
    Awesome! - Glad yours arrived safely too; Post photos!

Weapons-wise I had the Metal Weapons 3-Pack to-hand but it seems at the moment people are just using weapons from other lines that are "1:18"/"3.75"/"G.I. Joe" sized.
    I've found some of the Marvel Universe figure's weapons work alright, so too modern Thundercats stuff.

Might have to wait and see if October Toys will do a Weapons Pack as part of Grimskull's upcoming Kickstarter?

Hey guys,

Took a little longer than anticipated but it's finally done and up!

Checkout my review of the "Classic", Playmates Toys: Skeleton Warriors - Dagger figure, over at the October Toys forums!

...and keep an eye out for my upcoming review of the 20th Anniversary: Baron Dark & Titan Skeletons figures by October Toys!