Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: New generations figures

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I seem to be in the minority, but i think that Brainstorm looks rubbish. Well, it looks fairly accurate/good as a robot, but as a Transformer it looks like a 3-step happy meal toy.
    G1 accuracy my friend. Getting just to show headmaster lurve

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Does anyone else find it funny that Spinster is now a targetmaster weapon???
    There does seem to be a kind of size logic to the Generations Legends 'Targetmaster' partner homages so far:

Reflector is a camera, Chop Shop is an insect, Waspinator is also an insect (and Beast Wars scale), Roller is Roller, and all the rest are Micromasters. So it's possible that there was actually some thought put into Spinister becoming a Targetmaster weapon, rather than it being a random slap-a-name-on-a-helicopter decision.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Wow. It's difficult to not be impressed by all these reveals.

Looking at it, it seems like Chromia might be a new mold with a really similar transformation to PRiDE Arcee.
    I don't remember PRiDE Arcee having a waist joint (though I may be wrong), and the front part of her backpack looks quite different in terms of how it works.

Still kinda lazy, I'll pay, but it looks good and there's only so many ways you can do bikeformers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Looking at it, it seems like Chromia might be a new mold with a really similar transformation to PRiDE Arcee.
    I don't remember PRiDE Arcee having a waist joint (though I may be wrong), and the front part of her backpack looks quite different in terms of how it works.

Still kinda lazy, I'll pay, but it looks good and there's only so many ways you can do bikeformers.
    That's what I thought at first too, but after looking at pictures of the two of them side by side I'm relatively certain that Chromia is just a remold of PRiDe Arcee. the chest, shoulders, hands and thighs are all the same but recoloured. the shins/feet appear to be the same, maybe a minor remould on the kickstand.
    The wheels, head, forearms, weapons and window thingy are all new

I can't see it, but people online are claiming that the 2015 voyager Prime will be repainted into Motormaster & that it already has the bits & pieces needed to combine into Menasor
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    I can't see it, but people online are claiming that the 2015 voyager Prime will be repainted into Motormaster & that it already has the bits & pieces needed to combine into Menasor
    I've heard murmurings of supposed "Ports" being sited on the Prime mold also, but I've yet to see anything that resembles such - I'd imagine they'd do a retooling of the mold, along the lines of Sandstorm/Springer, to suit too if they were going to do it...

Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    everything is a must buy EXCEPT that fat prime.
    I actually think Optimus looks great! Very muscular looking. A definate buy for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I actually think Optimus looks great! Very muscular looking. A definate buy for me.
    I could see him as motor master if they give him the right head sculpt. Prime on steroids doesn't do it for me.

Seems like a mix of win and lose there, but some Generations releases are always better than none (even though we never get any here in Aus anymore)

Arcee, Chromia and Brainstorm all look better than I would have expected. Arcee even appears to have paint apps wow!

Brainstorms jet mode looks a bit meh, but his robot mode is MTMTE good.

Bombshell is not bad.

As for the second coming CHUG toys, I'm not sure if it's the photos but Prime and Megatron seem to have really weird proportions (and faces). Powerglide is a definite improvement on the previous giant one. and Windcharger (and to some extent Cliffjumper) seems like a case of why bother, still probably good for fans who weren't collecting back when the previous toys were released.

I also appear to be of the odd camp who actually thinks that Armada Megatron somehow looks better than his G1 incarnation. Glad to see Hasbro finally remembered what Tanks actually look like.