Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: FansProject's Lost Exo-Realm (Dinobots)

Hmm, i went from "nice but not gonna sign up for what will be about 800 bucks for the whole set"... to seeing that review, and starting to think "oh hey, it'll take years for them to release the lot anyway!"... to then realising that i prefer the Diaclone version ... mostly the chest plate, which really brings out the molding and gives a much better contrast.

... but i don't really care for the gold chrome and $ markup/difficulty obtaining ... nor that he wouldn't match the rest of the standard team members. But now if i get the standard one i'll always be wishing it had the Diaclone version's chest! First world problems

Bought!

What a funny name for Sludge though, Columpio and the driver's name hehehe Derpan... derp! hahahaha

it's agood thing I haven't started with any of the dino releases - there was the planet x not Swoop earlier on which I thought Id get but hesitated... with all these current releases Im curious to see which one will have the best look, that's prolly the one I'll go with.

That Mechaform Paddles looks to me can pass for the 6th member in G1 style. I wonder how big is it?

FP so far always comes up with the goods but will wait and see coz usually pricing is a hindrance.

Which version is it that combines again? got any links guys?

Man I wish Encore line would resurrect and give us Encore Dinobots. I could go for that definitely!! Even though it'll be my 3rd set, it'll be brand new and shiny so why not heheh.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by leej84 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gINAKMd8XLY

heres the video review from peaugh
    And one from Vangelus.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Fricking wowsers. Such clever packaging. That toy wins my money, but damn it that I need the TFcon version.
    For a pretty penny you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    When this was announced I didn't really take much notice, I thought another new random third party having a crack at dinobots, and just ignored it Then I looked again and Fansproject was in the name, now I'm interested If one considers the masterpiece size bots, they are really big and almost double the price, this is a great alternative for someone who wants to collect within a smaller budget.
    I don't see FP as a smaller budget option to any of the rest though. CHUG-scaled toys with G1 aesthetics is exactly what I was looking for.

For the level of quality that FP releases, their slightly lower price points can only mean they're selling at a much greater quantity (when comparing similar like for like, such as M3 vs Quantron).

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Which version is it that combines again? got any links guys?
    Are you referring to TFC's Starcats Dinosaur team?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Thanks SP, Oh so that's the combiner team... seen in before...decent attempt,though I wish they'd move away with the Tyranno as the central body and make the Apatosaur as the body coz really... it's got a bigger body.

Well I bit the bullet and went and POed the FP version. That review from Peaugh with Vangelus at the back sold it for me heheheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Some colour renders of Columpio and not-Slag & not-Swoop from FansProject's Facebook page... click for larger!

Here's some shots of the Slag Prototype from the TFCon floor.

I feel I will get some form of Dinobots and these being CHUG size (roughly) will go with all my other 3rd party stuff but its still a lot for CHUG figures x6. With Quantron and all the MP's coming out how do these companies expect nerds like us to afford them all
    Spiderken Away!

Very sexy