Thread: Construct-Bot Issue Reply!

Question Construct-Bot Issue Reply!

Hi everyone, first time using this forum (I hope this hasn't been brought up before!)

After just back in TF toys, I've found a liking to the Construct Bots, but have had the same issues with the C-Clips as I've read about. I emailed Hasbro about the weakening of the c-clips and they said "We have not experienced this problem before, so may I suggest you return it to the retailer, as they are firstly responsible for faulty goods. Please let them know that we have directed you back to them for an exchange."

What do people make of this? Has anyone got any tips on stopping the C-clips from breaking (Because I doubt replacing them would solve the issue... silly Hasbro!)

Dimi

welcome aboard the board!

I've only opened two different construct bots myself and had no issues per se, but having said that they've been assembled and transformed once.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    welcome aboard the board!

I've only opened two different construct bots myself and had no issues per se, but having said that they've been assembled and transformed once.
    Ditto

I have had a problem with the clips.

Particularly the allegiance symbols on the Riders, which have to be removed (with some force) each time you transform it. My Optimus Rider had the allegiance symbol clip break the first time I tried removing it (to convert to truck mode), so now I don't remove any of them. I'll have to take a photo of it and add it to the "broken toys" topic, for others to be careful of it... as you need to use some clips for the transformation of each toy as well.

(it was imported from Amazon, so I never tried to exchange it locally because I didn't have a receipt (I could do it at some stores, but it's not particularly honest)... then there is the hassle is needing to check if a store here still has the figure you need in stock, otherwise you have to get a refund and hunt one down... so too bad if it is sold out everywhere already)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I have had a problem with the clips.

Particularly the allegiance symbols on the Riders, which have to be removed (with some force) each time you transform it. My Optimus Rider had the allegiance symbol clip break the first time I tried removing it (to convert to truck mode), so now I don't remove any of them. I'll have to take a photo of it and add it to the "broken toys" topic, for others to be careful of it... as you need to use some clips for the transformation of each toy as well.

(it was imported from Amazon, so I never tried to exchange it locally because I didn't have a receipt (I could do it at some stores, but it's not particularly honest)... then there is the hassle is needing to check if a store here still has the figure you need in stock, otherwise you have to get a refund and hunt one down... so too bad if it is sold out everywhere already)
    That's a shame! I haven't had any parts break yet (except one of Dinofire Grimlock's swords which my other brother stepped on!) but multiple have stress marks, particularly the guns and allegiance symbols. The change from pins to clips confuses me-the pin would be less likely to break...
    I also asked if they were considering releasing a replacement pack, but received no answer.