Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 20% off toys on eBay - 20 July 2014

Commercials playing on TV throughout the night, for "20% off toy purchases on ebay Australia" suggest that this could be a weekly thing, because of the way it was worded.
    I guess we wait and see if true... and then Sundays become one hell of a fun day for us while the promotion lasts.

Considering the amount of money they are likely to have forked out just with this weekend's while it is only new, I don't think they'd be able to do this every week.
    And why just toys I wonder.
    It's almost like ebay Australia was targeting the Australian toy industry or Retailers for some ulterior motive... as increased online sales and much of it going to foreign sellers, would ultimately hurt those two industries.

If they run it for a month I'll be happy. Yesterday I finished my beast wars collection and if they continue the sale for the next three weeks I'll be able to finish off a couple more series.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

I used the code on a small purchase and it worked great. Couldn't decide on something else, as when I checked out some masterpieces the prices seemed inflated so I just gave up. They are probably doing this promotion to compete with retail toy sales, as well to attract more people to ebay and online purchases. Not only does it attract buyers, it attract sellers to list more. So its really a two way street. I wouldn't say they are losing money as they still collect the final value fees from the sellers when their items sell. They are just not making money, or making as much as usual.

Megatran Guest

114 posts in this thread in three days! (including this one ).
    Hope everyone got what they wanted and resolve any issues with the full price debacle for the few who experienced this.

Keep posting your purchased item(s) people.

Cool deal, I was looking at a BIN Japanese G1 Scourge w/box but that got bought before I could nab it. I thought about getting that Justitoys boxset of all 5 WST Dinobots, but then the BIN price went up by ~$25 and I lost interest. Good to hear that people managed to get some nice scores though.

I've ordered the collector coin for MP Ravage, and a reissue G1 Rodimus prime.
    that's about all that floated my boat that worked out cheaper than purchasing elsewhere.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Purchased MP Sideswipe and Prowl, and also the Decepticon Seekers Aces 3-pack.

Only concern is the MP being KO versions, but they were from reputable sellers stating they were genuine... so fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by monk22480 View Post
    Purchased MP Sideswipe and Prowl, and also the Decepticon Seekers Aces 3-pack.

Only concern is the MP being KO versions, but they were from reputable sellers stating they were genuine... so fingers crossed
    Good luck I guess it depends on the price. The KO usually go for $30-40. What a fun time shopping and reading reviews. I did not get much but it was indeed entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptormesh View Post
    Good luck I guess it depends on the price. The KO usually go for $30-40.
    Thanks Yeh they were priced accordingly as genuine ($80-100) so I'm thinking I should be safe, but you never know on ebay...

Well, I didn't buy anything yesterday. Mainly due to lack of funds atm
    Most of the stuff I want is not released yet so hope for another similar sale in a few months and I don't actually think it was advertised very well either.