I am writing to wish the admins of this forum and the Australian Generation One collecting community well.

I have been out of the transformers hobby for quite some time (4-5 years). For the past three weeks, I contracted my friend Specimen-17 to manage the sale of my inventory and collection. The listings concluded today. We were very squeezed with time, with a bit of luck we will give it another go early next year. But all in all, this is the end of the line for me and has been coming for quite some time.

========================

There was several things that really caught my attention during the liquidation:

1. It was really positive to see the the amount of Australian bidders and winners. The Aussie G1 community has expanded quite abit since my last interaction. (Rob Nguyen, Hi.)

2. The amount of 3rd Party, reissues and KO replica (identical) items/accessories in the market now. These have and I believe will continue to hammer the value of G1 toys in the near to medium future. The value of G1 toys no longer stand the test of time as they once did.

3. The amount of shilling activity that occurs now on eBay. You need to be really careful of the market value of items when you go through completed listings. Many dealers shill the crap out of multiple identical listings to create a false sense of high value to an item that they own or have listed for Buy It Now on eBay or displayed in their physical shops. You would be wise to click on the bidding history of these completed items, if you see the prices are jacked up by alot of low feedback bidders, you'll know the ending value is not a legitimate representation of market value.

4. Griffin bidding on some items.

=========================

Final Shoutouts to:

Valkyrie: For being a good friend and waiting over 4 years for his package.

Heroic_Decepticon: For being a good guy.

Specimen-17: For assisting in the sale. This guy is as legitimiate as it gets. No shills, no early auction ends, describes all defects, even if they are trivial to the naked eye. He has been in this business since 2002. His understanding of variants, detection of KOs is unparalleled.

TheDirtyDigger: Not sure if the man is still around, but if your reading this, you still owe me multiple high definition pictures of your wife in skankily dressed outfits. Love ya mate.